International Arbitration Associate
Allen & Overy has one of the world’s leading International Arbitration practices and a long and successful track record of acting in high-value, complex disputes.
We act as advocates, sit as arbitrators, and are able to act in arbitrations arising anywhere in the world, under any national legal system as well as public international law. We are at the forefront of resolving disputes that arise out of bilateral and multilateral investment treaties. Our experience includes bringing the very first arbitration under the Energy Charter Treaty and we have since acted in more Energy Charter Treaty cases than any other law firm. We have significant experience in handling arbitration proceedings under both the ICSID Convention and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. We act for both investors and states.
We are ideally looking for a highly motivated lawyer who combines strong academic credentials with sound practical experience, good business judgment and strong interpersonal skills. Candidates should be articulate, show a genuine interest in international arbitration and be committed to their continuing development as a lawyer. We are looking for a lawyer with the potential and ambition to be a leader in their field and who takes responsibility for, and pride in, the team's work product. You should be keen to be primarily responsible for building and maintaining the client relationships assigned to you.
- The successful candidate will join the specialist international arbitration group at Allen & Overy which currently consists of four partners, two counsel and approximately 20 associates.
- You will work on high profile international arbitration matters, with significant case management responsibilities.
- You will provide public international law advice to a broad range of clients in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- You will assist in advising sovereign governments on the negotiation of investment and trade treaties.
- Qualified lawyer, with post qualification experience in international arbitration, investment treaty arbitration or public international law.
- A highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment for high profile clients on major international disputes.
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and initiative as required.
- A strong focus on team work and collaboration.
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Friendly and personable approach