Experienced Litigation Associate Wanted in the British Virgin Islands
Opportunity: We are delighted to be instructed by a distinguished disputes practice renowned for its expertise in high-stakes litigation and investigations, covering the full spectrum of offshore work from financial products and services disputes to civil and commercial litigation. With a global team known for attracting only the most exceptional talent, they present a compelling opportunity for an experienced litigation associate to join their expanding practice in the British Virgin Islands.
This is not a run of the mill offshore litigation slot and will require the successful candidate to take ownership of complex files from start to finish, albeit fully supported by the firm. Not just a litigator but a commercial advisor, you lead your clients with authority through the most complex and challenging disputes in the market.
- At least 4 years PQE as a Barrister or Solicitor.
- Admitted in the British Virgin Islands or eligible for Admission.
- Specific and demonstrable experience in multi-jurisdictional disputes, including complex financial products and investment funds, international judgment enforcement, fraud, asset-tracing, and contentious insolvency matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with significant client-facing experience.
- Robust writing, drafting, and editing skills.
- Availability to work in the office four days a week and happy to travel as and when needed.
What to Expect: Upon joining, you'll gain unparalleled exposure to high-stakes litigation, contributing to complex, cross-border matters as part of an internationally connected team of dedicated lawyers. Our client works hard to stay ahead of the curve, utilising deep knowledge and cutting-edge techniques to address client problems. As a key team member, you'll have the opportunity to take on significant responsibility, regularly managing matters independently from start to finish, operating in a manner akin to a junior partner.
Why Join: Our clients BVI practice is characterised by its small, collegiate atmosphere that actively fosters a supportive and diverse working environment. They offer excellent financial rewards (8% tax) comprehensive training, and enhanced career development opportunities. If you are an ambitious solicitor or barrister eager to make a significant impact within a thriving firm in the Caribbean, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
How to Apply: For more information on this exciting vacancy or to explore other offshore litigation roles we are handling, please send your CV and supporting information in confidence to James O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this website.
About Us: With over two decades of expertise in facilitating legal career moves across various jurisdictions, James O'Brien is a highly respected legal recruiter with deep client connections. Explore how Agnew O'Brien Legal Recruitment can enhance your job search by visiting www.agnewobrien.com.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Crime Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Insolvency & restructuring Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Insurance/Reinsurance Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in United Kingdom