Energy and Infrastructure Associate (3-6 PQE) – SINGAPORE – Top Tier Onshore Firm – Urgent Hire!
Offshore Legal has been instructed to source an ambitious mid level associate for the energy and infrastructure group of a top tier international firm's Singapore office. Sitting within the broader (and award winning) corporate team, you will work with top rated partners and their first class multinational and regional client portfolio. The team is super busy and prides itself on the dynamic, energetic and fun environment it has created. For the right candidates, there are excellent career progression opportunities.
An outline of responsibilities is as follows:
- Working with clients from a range of jurisdictions, focusing on energy and infrastructure transactional matters in Asia, covering power (including renewables), LNG, oil and gas, utilities (such as water and waste) and other critical infrastructure
- The role would be suited to a predominantly corporate transactional lawyer, with experience of M&A, joint ventures, commercial contracts (including supply, offtake and trading) and regulation in energy and infrastructure
- Project development experience is also desirable. However the team works closely with dedicated construction, procurement and finance specialists so these skills are not a pre-requisite
- Working closely with the team in Singapore, regionally and across the broader network
- Mentoring junior associates in the team, and assisting with providing training and the development of knowhow
- Participation in business development alongside the senior team in the region focused on energy and infrastructure
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 3-6 years' experience in the energy, resources or infrastructure sectors, preferably with solid corporate and commercial contracts transactional experience as outlined above
- Be able to demonstrate excellent drafting, analytical and deal project management skills
- Be a confident, driven and collaborative individual
- Have experience of working on M&A, joint ventures, commercial contracts and regulation in energy and infrastructure
- Have Singapore, UK, AUS or NZ qualification
- Have a strong academic record
- Be enthusiastic, adaptable and industrious, with excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Mandarin language skills would be beneficial but not necessarily required
For more information, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be handled with the utmost discretion and your CV will never go anywhere without your prior knowledge and consent.
Offshore Legal - #1 offshore legal recruitment specialists
At Offshore Legal we understand that successful recruitment is underpinned by professional results-oriented relationships with both our Clients and Candidates. Michael Burbidge has 15+ years of direct experience recruiting almost exclusively for offshore Private Practice firms in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, London, Jersey, Guernsey, Hong Kong and Singapore. Michael has spent 6 years working in the Cayman Islands, 5 in London and has also lived in Hong Kong and Jersey so knows these jurisdictions/regions intimately.