Associate - Professional Indemnity Construction
Our client is looking for a junior lawyer to join its leading Construction Insurance team in London. The Construction Insurance team is part of the firm's Insurance Group and has a well-established client base, acting for the vast majority of Professional Indemnity insurers in the market as well as many of the UK's largest contractors and construction consultancies, both on joint and direct instructions. The team handles a wide variety of claims against various construction related professionals including engineers, architects, quantity surveyors, project managers, design and build contractors and surveyors.
The role largely involves defending liability claims both pre and post litigation, but the team also provide advice / representation on associated matters such as adjudication, disciplinary proceedings, arbitration and risk management. The team is also frequently asked to advise insurers on policy coverage aspect of claims.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a number of partners and lawyers within a vibrant and growing team. The work will be varied, interesting and challenging and you will be given autonomy; there will be the opportunity to work on matters involving a range of construction related professions with values ranging from tens of thousands of pounds to multi millions. You will have the opportunity to get involved with business development and client initiatives.
- 1-5 PQE
- The candidate should have construction litigation experience; experience of insurance is desirable but not essential.
- A good knowledge of legal procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly.
- Be able to demonstrate good initiative and problem solving skills, but be conscious of when to consult others.
- Have the ability to multi-task and able to manage upwards.
For further details and to discuss on a confidential basis, please contact Laila Caruso or Adam Houghton:
Laila: 07974 820298 / Laila@austonlegal.com
Adam: 07968 007197 / Adam@austonlegal.com
Apply for Associate - Professional Indemnity Construction
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly