Banking & Finance Associate/Senior Associate (4+ PQE)
Following continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate or a Senior Associate to join our Banking & Finance team.
We are an ambitious team of banking & finance specialists, who act for a wide range of clients across a number of sectors, including healthcare, social housing, property development, local authority and education.
We regularly act for a wide range of lender, investor, corporate and developer clients on funding for property acquisitions and development, corporate acquisitions and refinancing. We are expanding our client base and winning places on an increasing number of bank panels including a number of challenger banks and specialist real estate lenders, particularly in the healthcare sector. The team regularly advise on a wide variety of high-value and complex transactions.
We are ranked in the top tiers for social housing, healthcare and local authority work by both Chambers and Legal 500 and won the Health Investor 2022 Legal Advisor of the Year - Transactional and Private Awards.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a large variety of work, and a great chance to meaningfully contribute to the growth of the team and wider firm, by building relationships with clients and supporting on business development initiatives.
There will be significant progression opportunities available, and this role will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to truly make their mark on the practice.
About the firm
Bevan Brittan is a UK-Top 100 commercial law firm providing a comprehensive range of legal services from offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and London.
The firm advises businesses across construction, energy & resource management, higher education and financial services, complementing the firm's market leadership within housing, local government and health & social care.
We currently employ over 600 people, including over 90 Partners, and our award-winning teams provide construction, commercial, corporate, property, regulatory, employment and litigation (commercial and clinical negligence) legal advice.
Bevan Brittan is named among 'The Times Best Law Firms 2023' and has recently either won or been shortlisted for a number of prestigious awards.
We are driven by our 4 values: Relationships, Results, Reputation and Responsible. These give us a sense of purpose and ensure we always work collaboratively with clients and colleagues, continually improve, make the right choices and act with integrity.
Bevan Brittan is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
What we're looking for from you
The successful candidate will have banking experience, and enjoy being part of a transactional team as you will be working regularly with colleagues from property, construction and corporate on transactions.
This role will involve advising clients on a full range of banking matters and transactions from start to finish.
It is not necessary to have any specific sector experience, however real estate finance or corporate finance experience would be beneficial.
It is more important to be a team-player, with the drive and enthusiasm to help us grow our Banking & Finance practice and deliver an area of strategic growth for the firm.
As well as developing technical skills, the role also provides a great opportunity to develop business development skills and sector knowledge
Where possible, we want to offer all Bevan Brittan people flexibility to work their week in a way that suits them - we operate a hybrid working model based on the needs of our clients, teams and that of the individual. Our core business hours are 9am - 5:15pm Monday to Friday, however we are open to individuals working more flexibly around those times and would welcome a conversation with you if you have any questions.
We offer a substantial benefits package to all employees including:
- A minimum of 25 days holiday (plus the option to buy up to an additional 5 days)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance through Vitality
- Biennial private health assessment through Nuffield Health
- Life assurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
To us, being a responsible business is second nature; a core part of Bevan Brittan's identity, running through our culture and embodied by the clients we serve. We want to demonstrate our commitment to these causes through actions rather than words; colleagues from across the firm are already heavily involved, living and breathing the four pillars of our Responsible Business strategy:
- Community Engagement - Each lawyer has the opportunity to undertake pro bono legal work for local charities and not-for-profit organisations. We also play an active role through our local office communities, in 2022 we fundraised and donated a total of £80,000 to our four regional office charities, with each charity receiving £20,000 to help fund their vital services.
- Environmental Sustainability - Bevan Brittan is proudly a carbon neutral firm. We have achieved the UN's Climate Neutral Now accreditation and our environmental sustainability plan is focused on achieving our net zero carbon target.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion - We have a strong and vibrant diversity programme that gives colleagues across the firm an opportunity to take part, led by our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee and supported by our Ambassadors, who drive engagement in our strategy and raise awareness across the firm.
- Wellbeing - We are proud of our open culture, where colleagues feel empowered to speak openly about physical and mental health issues and to seek out support when needed. We have trained 21 colleagues across the firm as Mental Health First Aiders and established a programme of initiatives including our informal 'coffee with' scheme.
Collectively, these four pillars ensure we look after our colleagues' wellbeing; offer an environment in which all can progress on merit, regardless of personal circumstances or background; give something back to the communities in which we work; and protect the environment.