Construction Lawyer (Non-contentious)
New Vacancy | Construction Lawyer | Top 200 Firm | Chelmsford, Essex
With a strong and established foothold in the Essex market, operating across corporate, commercial, real estate, agriculture, employment, IT/IP, and the full range of services to the individual, this top 200 UK firm continues to grow in almost every department.
They are known for nurturing local legal talent and have excellent staff retention rates, making them an excellent firm to consider. They have achieved impressive growth rates in recent years due to their modern and progressive approach. They have retained a family feel throughout their regional offices despite their size.
You will find a supportive culture where partners are accessible to all, and a strong leadership team with ambitious plans to continue taking more market share, making now an exciting time to join.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading firm as a Non-Contentious Construction Associate, with exposure to high-quality work and excellent career prospects in Chelmsford, Essex.
The role will see you working alongside some of the best lawyers in the UK, and closely with the contentious construction team, dealing with the transactional construction matters, together providing the 360 service their clientele have come to expect.
You will advise developers, investors and contractors on construction projects such as power stations, roads, railways, defence and infrastructure, office, retail and residential projects, headquarters and factory premises and retail park developments.
Your responsibilities will include preparing and negotiating the terms of construction documentation, including tenders, letters of intent, main contracts, sub-contracts, consultants' appointments, and collateral warranties, whether standard or project-specific.
You will also be drafting performance bonds, guarantees, and insurance arrangements and focussing on PFI, PPP, BOOT, partnering, and EPC contracts.
- You will be a qualified Solicitor with at least two years PQE, and knowledge and experience of practicing construction law
- You will be highly meticulous, commercially focused and outcome orientated
- You will have a proven track record in business development & a history of strong billings
- You will be confident in managing your own busy caseload of matters, with the ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
What's on offer?
- Market-leading salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Clear and structured progression paths, including Partnership for those that want it
- A flexible and friendly working environment and a supportive team culture
- Extensive business development support and training, giving you a chance to develop client relationships from early in your career
This is a fantastic opportunity for a non-contentious Construction Associate to join this Top 200 firm with one of the most prestigious practices in the region.
Call Andrew Chapman on 0203 865 2113 for more information, or apply now for immediate consideration.