12 Month Contract – Regulatory Associate (1-4 PQE) – British Virgin Islands
Leading offshore law firm is looking for a qualified lawyer to join its busy Regulatory & Tax team on an exciting 12-month contract. The ideal candidate will preferably have prior experience advising on matters including tax information exchange, economic substance, BEPS, financial services, banking and payment services. Experience in dealing with regulators and tax authorities will also be considered a real bonus and will assist in hitting the ground running.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting partners and senior lawyers with research, drafting and matter administration.
- Contributing to the development of the regulatory and tax practice in the BVI and more widely in the Caribbean / internationally.
- Developing a deep understanding and knowledge of offshore and international regulatory and tax laws relevant to countries focussing on the BVI but also the Cayman Islands.
- Building effective relationships across all international offices and businesses with key stakeholders, to enable successful working practices and partnerships.
- Taking ownership for training and development needs with support from key partners and senior lawyers.
Qualifications and experience required include:
- Ideally relevant experience and a strong interest in developing their advisory and transactional skills, in tax regulatory and financial services regulatory matters.
- Contentious regulatory experience welcomed, but not mandatory.
- 1-3yrs PQE - Admitted as a lawyer in the UK or Ireland.
This opportunity will appeal to a dynamic and adventurous lawyer keen to dip a toe into the offshore legal market and experience a year working in the glorious BVI while benefitting from access to excellent work, within a collegiate team environment. A generous financial package & relocation assistance is offered.
For more information, interested candidates should send their CV and supporting details in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through this website.
With over 20yrs experience in international legal recruitment, James O’Brien collaborates with numerous prestigious law firms across various jurisdictions. His extensive industry network, combined with a consultative and transparent approach to recruitment, consistently results in successful outcomes for those he partners with. James is committed to helping candidates achieve their objectives by providing practical and honest guidance. If you're considering a move now or in the future, feel free to reach out to him.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Company/Commercial Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Employment Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Services Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in United Kingdom