Regulatory Associate - Fixed Term Contract - Major Global Law Firm - British Virgin Islands
JUNIOR REGULATORY ASSOCIATE - MAJOR GLOBAL LAW FIRM - BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS - 1 YEAR CONTRACT
Our client is a global offshore law firm with offices in many key financial centres throughout the UK and Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean.
Its large and prestigious BVI office is now actively looking to hire a UK/Irish qualified Associate to join its Regulatory & Tax team on a 1-year fixed term contract. You will join a growing global team of 10 regulatory lawyers across the Americas, Asia and Europe with market leading experience in financial services, tax regulatory, sanctions and anti-money laundering compliance. Likely workload will encompass advising on matters such as tax information exchange, economic substance, BEPS, financial services, banking and payment services. Experience in dealing with regulators and tax authorities would also be very much welcomed.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting regulatory partners and senior lawyers with research, drafting and matter administration.
- Participating in the further development of the regulatory and tax practice in the BVI and more widely in the Caribbean / internationally.
- Developing a good understanding and knowledge of offshore and international regulatory and tax laws relevant to the BVI (as well as the Cayman Islands).
- Build effective relationships across the firm’s network;
- Take responsibility for training and development needs with support from key partners and senior lawyers.
Qualifications and experience sought are as follows:
- Qualified as a lawyer in the UK or Ireland.
- From 1-3 years’ financial services and/or regulatory experience from a major employer;
- Contentious experience would also be welcomed (but is not a pre-requisite).
On offer is a chance of a lifetime FTC to spend a year working for a major global offshore law firm in the beautiful BVI, enjoying year round sunshine, clear blue seas and an idyllic Caribbean island lifestyle. A competitive salary with bonus, relocation expenses and a supportive office environment all add to the appeal of the opportunity.
Newbold Search is a leading legal recruitment boutique that specialises in placing common law trained lawyers overseas into private practice and in-house.
With longstanding global client relationships, Newbold Search operates in a wide range of legal markets including:
The Cayman Islands
Jersey and Guernsey
The United Kingdom and Ireland
The Middle East