Assistant Company Secretary - 6 Months - £400 per day
About the role
This role sits within the Office of the Secretary ("OTS"), which sits within the Firm's Legal function. The Office of the Secretary partners with senior management, control groups, lines of business and corporate units to promote effective governance of the Firm.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide proactive support to EMEA boards and senior management on corporate governance matters that relate to legal entities and funds that operate within the business;
- Oversee and deliver day-to-day corporate governance and company secretarial services in respect of EMEA legal entities, including board/board committee governance and legal entity management;
- Oversee and coordinate information flows to EMEA legal entity boards and board committees, by proactively driving the agenda-setting process with the relevant board or committee Chair and partnering with relevant stakeholders on the preparation of board and committee meeting/briefing materials;
- Act as an effective channel of communication for EMEA legal entity board members, with a particular focus on non-executive directors
- Provide support and to coordinate board member onboarding, induction and ongoing training, in conjunction with relevant stakeholders within EMEA
- Provide support in implementing governance enhancements in relation to OTS managed legal entities, driving governance standards in line with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Develop effective working relationships with others within OTS, demonstrating the Firm's core values as a colleague.
- Part or Fully Qualified Company Secretary
- Minimum of 3 years' experience (though all candidates will be considered on merit)
- Experience providing Company Secretarial support within Financial Services is highly regarded
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Apply for Assistant Company Secretary - 6 Months - £400 per day
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly