Associate Solicitor - Complex Disputes
Solicitor - Complex Disputes - 3+ PQE
Our client is a mid-sized Legal 500 ranked international law firm with expertise in group and claimant-side litigation and is currently managing some of the largest claims in English legal history. It thrives in championing justice for the victims of wrongdoing by large corporations. The firm is currently litigating a substantial number of high-profile cases and is looking to grow its Disputes team.
To assist the Legal Team in all aspects of disputes. This will mainly include:
- Working with the team on large, complex and fast-paced contentious cases
- Taking initial instructions from partners and senior associates and delegating to trainees and paralegals when appropriate
- Conducting research, drafting and reviewing documentation
- Managing meetings effectively by setting clear agendas
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external counsel, expert witnesses, financial partners and other external parties
- Supervising Trainees and Paralegals
- Managing legal documentation and demonstrating effective case management
- Contributing to the firm’s publications / content-sharing from time to time.
- Superior academic background
- Litigation experience (both claimant and defendant side) gained in an English litigation practice
- Strong technical skills with experience in English litigation, preferably with experience in environmental protection, public interest litigation, data protection, competition or consumer/medical product liability fields
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand the client's needs and an ability to adopt the best-case strategy
- Excellent knowledge of the English civil procedure rules
- Great attention to detail and accuracy to produce work which is consistently of a high standard
- Very strong organisational skills, file management and time/record keeping
- Confident communicator able to work calmly under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by previous collaborative work with external and internal parties
- A demonstrably flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are met and clients are communicated with efficiently
- Empathy and passion for clients and a high level of commercial awareness
The role will be office-based with the Head Office located in Central London. Apply with your CV and include information on expected salary and notice period. Please only apply if you are a UK qualified solicitor and have the Right to Work.