Lawyer - Property and Projects
Lawyer – Property and Projects – closing date 29.11.2023
Salary up to £42,969 pa
Plus lease car subsidy or cash alternative of £3,050 pa
Permanent - Full time -37 hours
Are you an experienced property lawyer looking for a rewarding permanent role? If you have a legal background with expertise in conveyancing processes and land law, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
At the council, we're currently engaged in a number of exciting and challenging projects, including new developments and major projects that promise innovation and growth such as the Newtown Works Film Studio Project. The quality of work available is exceptional, and you will be involved in some of these projects from the outset. If you are seeking to join a local authority that offers intellectually stimulating work, and is located in a highly attractive region with excellent connections to London, the coast and the Continent, then this could be the perfect role for you.
You will be a qualified lawyer (solicitor, legal executive, licensed conveyancer etc), either with a current practising certificate or eligible to apply for one as you will be responsible for a diverse caseload covering various land and property matters related to residential, commercial and community properties. Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on complex property issues that may arise as part of corporate projects. Dealing with rights in and over land and providing advice on the acquisition or prevention of these. Carrying out title investigations and responding to enquiries in relation to the Council’s land holdings Advising on, preparing and completing all legal documentation relating to the release or variation of restrictive covenants.
It is essential that you have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present to diverse audiences including elected Councillors, senior officers, staff and external agencies along with:
- Experience in conveyancing and Commercial property (including commercial leases, lease renewals rent reviews etc). Understanding of landlord and tenant law
In addition it would be desirable you have an awareness of Public Law and Local Government laws.
Click to view a Job Description
For an informal discussion about the role and to find out more please contact Mildred Pountney, Principal Solicitor (Property and Projects) on 01233 330265
To apply for this particular position via the Council’s e-recruitment system click here.
Alternatively, to apply for this particular position by submission of a curriculum vitae (CV) please send your CV to Judy Janson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To visit the jobs page of our website at www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs
We offer excellent salary linked pension scheme, generous annual leave and free life insurance
If relevant, a relocation package on joining.
Hybrid working - the council is committed to offering a long-term flexible working arrangement to attract and retain staff.
Free car parking at the council’s civic centre offices.
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Ashford
- Public Sector/Local Authority Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Ashford
- Real Estate Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Ashford
- Commercial property Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Ashford
- Property Litigation Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Ashford