Legal Counsel- Environmental/Waste
Legal Counsel- Buckinghamshire
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join the small in house legal team for a leading environmental and waste management organisation.
Based from their HQ in Buckinghamshire, you will join an established legal function operating at the heart of a rapidly growing organisation.
Culture and team fit is paramount here and you will find a hugely supportive and collegiate environment.
The Legal Counsel is responsible for the provision of non-contentious commercial legal advice in order to support the operating divisions and group business functions of the group of companies.
- Advise and deliver commercially focused legal advice in a pro-active and timely manner to all business units and group business functions of the group
- Assist business units and group business functions in concluding a wide range of legal agreements, by advising, drafting and negotiating, including supply of services agreements; purchase of goods and services agreements; IT agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and exclusivity agreements etc
- Advise bid management teams in connection with tenders for provision of waste related services in the public and private sectors
- Support corporate finance, business units and group business functions with mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
- Manage and resolve disputes and third party claims made by or against the group
- Assist with corporate legal matters e.g. reorganisations, board minutes and corporate governance requirements for the group
- Lead or assist in Legal Services initiatives such as the development of systems, standard documents/templates, policies and procedures and related training
- Instruct, liaise with and manage external legal advisors
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales with minimum 2 years PQE
- A minimum of 6 months in-house experience is essential whether as a paralegal, trainee, fully qualified lawyer or on secondment
- Strong across commercial and corporate legal disciplines
There will be a requirement for hybrid working. 2-3 days office presence.