Payments Lawyer. In House Secondment Contract. FS Sector
We are working very closely with a market-leading Alternative Legal Service Provider in their search for strong payments lawyers who would be interested in securing In House secondment contracts with clients within the Financial Services sector.
Candidates are likely to have upwards of 2 years' PQE; be available immediately or at short notice and have exposure to handling a range of payments matters.
Contracts are generally for circa 6 months in duration and often have the potential for further extension.
Candidates looking to work full-time, 5 days a week, or part-time, are encouraged to apply. Roles can be with clients based in London or across the UK and generally embrace either a hybrid or remote working pattern, but this will be assessed on a case by case, role by role, basis.
Candidates are likely to have experience of payment services, liquidity products and Payment Services Regulations; experience of product development, legal and regulatory change as well as broader transactional work including bespoke contracts and tenders. Exposure to PSD2 (Payment Service Directive) initiative and the implementation of the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) rules would be highly beneficial.
Successful candidates are likely to be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a solicitor in England & Wales, or another commonwealth jurisdiction (such as Australia or New Zealand, for instance)
- Ideally upwards of 2 years' PQE in handling a full range of payments matters
- Experience in advising clients within the FS sector on a variety of payments matters
- Experience gained from notable City, International or leading West End firms, or notable in house teams
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A genuine desire to become an integral part of an In House legal team
- The ability to start a new role immediately or at relatively short notice
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com