Mid-Level Shipping Litigation Associate – Singapore
We are seeking a mid-level shipping litigation associate interested in joining a leading international law firm in Singapore. The work includes dry shipping which often involves the preparation of cases for arbitration or the Commercial and Admiralty Courts, while many of these matters involve multi-jurisdictional disputes in which the firm has extensive experience. Wider expertise includes “wet” work involving collisions, salvage and other major casualties and ship finance. You will be acting for a deep roster of clients including Ship owners, Charterers, Ports, Shipyards, Protection and Indemnity Associations, Defence Clubs, War Risks Clubs, Hull and Cargo Underwriters, Brokers, Salvors, Trade Associations, Transport Intermediaries, Banks, Energy & Trading Companies, funds and other institutions.
Key hiring criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years PQE (either Singapore and/or English qualified)
- Experience in dealing with commercial litigation and cross border arbitrations for shipping and trade disputes
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills Self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing
- Commitment to excellent client service
This role would suit a commercial and technically strong individual seeking high levels of responsibility and high profile work, within a market leading practice. Previous trade disputes and shipping litigation experience from a well-regarded firm is required. Candidates who are dual qualified and speak dual languages – both English and Mandarin will be preferred, due to the need of handling both local and foreign clients.
In return for your effort and commitment you will benefit from a high level of training and development, enhanced career progression plus a very attractive compensation package (plus relocation assistance where necessary).
For more information on this compelling opportunity, please send your CV and supporting information in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below.
With over two decades of global legal recruitment expertise, James O’Brien partners with esteemed law firms across various jurisdictions. His extensive network, transparent approach, and commitment to candidates' success result in consistently positive outcomes for all concerned. Whether you're considering a move now or in the future, feel free to reach out to James for practical and discreet advice.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Asia
- Insolvency & restructuring Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Asia
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Asia
- Transport (Including aviation and shipping) Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Asia
- Arbitration Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Asia