Senior Private Client Associate - Thames Valley (Hybrid) / Legal 100
New! - our client is a leading Legal 100 firm with an excellent reputation for their stellar Private Client practice who frequently lead on high-profile, and high-value, matters including complex estate administration; offshore trusts; tax concerns and wills and probate issues.
Due to growth, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Senior Private Client Associate to join their team in Reading and play an integral role in the future development of the practice.
We are seeking an individual with solid experience (6-7 PQE+) preferably in general succession and tax planning, estate administration, and trusts work. This is an excellent opportunity to develop experience in a broad based team, recognised for providing a real alternative to the City for complex private client matters given the quality of the offering.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Senior Associate with extensive experience of matters including probate, Wills, trusts and tax, CGT work, declarations of trust, court of protection, Deputyships and LPAs
- Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service
- Proven ability to win new business through successful BD activity
- Ability to mentor and supervise
The private client team is a critical part of the firm’s business and the work undertaken by the team represents a significant % of the firm’s turnover. The team has extensive experience in advising private clients in relation to all aspects of their affairs and their wide-ranging national and international client base includes Sunday Times Rich List individuals, globally wealthy families, trustees, family offices/individuals, professional sportspeople, landowners, business owners and entrepreneurs.
Duties will include:
- Effective and efficient delivery of work on own matters, ensuring matters are profitable and work is resourced at the right levels.
- Build effective relationships with own clients and / or referrers by exceeding client service expectations and where appropriate, support partners on the management and development of larger key clients.
- Agree services being provided to clients with a clear basis for charging and pricing. Demonstrate market/ sector knowledge to ensure solid legal advice is given.
- Make decisions on client matters with minimal supervision, referring to partners where appropriate on highly complex or new areas of work
- Develop a profile as an established expert Input and implement ideas into the departmental business plan and demonstrate new business success from the BD activities
- Supervise and coach others within the team, delegating work appropriately and ensuring quality output
- Help to manage department and cross functional projects and initiatives, taking specific responsibility and accountability
The experienced team can advise on all aspects of private client matters including in relation to tax, trusts, estate planning and estate administration. The private client practice are top ranked for Private Wealth Law as “National Leaders (outside London)” in Chambers HNW, and top ranked for Personal tax, trusts and probate in The Legal 500.
You’ll work together with bright, enthusiastic team members on complex matters, as well as working closely with colleagues across the firm, whether building on strong ties with our family and contentious trusts groups, or providing a holistic client service working alongside our corporate and corporate tax teams.
Representative cases include:
- Working closely with a wealthy local family to assist them with succession and tax planning over many generations
- Advising a long-standing client on the inheritance tax aspects on the reorganisation of his fund management business to enable new talent to be incentivised and brought into the business
- Dealing with a complex international probate where the deceased had assets in the UK, Portugal and Thailand.
- Working alongside a very successful entrepreneur (net wealth £250m+) to consider a complex trust history for part of the business and whether this structure should be revised in light of current circumstances.
- Advising on generational estate and trust planning for landed estate clients.
The Personal Tax, Trusts & Charities team undertakes the full spectrum of private client work, key areas being:
- Succession planning through Wills and trusts, including cross border estate planning
- All aspects of inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and income tax planning in relation to individuals and trusts
- Probate and administration of estates and trusts, including domestic and international estates Wealth structuring and planning for UK and non-UK domiciled clients
- Advising fiduciaries and beneficiaries on UK and offshore trusts and other structures Tax planning for entrepreneurs and business owners
You will ideally have a minimum of 6-7+ years private client experience and have trained with a highly regarded city, regional or national firm with excellent academics. This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a top-tier practice and work with leaders in the field. Whether the end client require advice on legal and tax structuring for business and investments, family and business governance, tax and estate planning, or, help with a vulnerable person, the firm deliver tailored solutions to meet a specific need.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop experience in a broad based team, recognised for providing a real alternative to the City for complex private client matters given the quality of their private client offering.
A significant volume of the work is for HNWI so any previous experience advising related clients would be an advantage. You can expect to advise a number of family offices and international families as to their ongoing affairs and international trust structures, including private trust company structures.
You can also expect to work closely with a number of business families advising on existing structures set up for the management and governance of the family business, its interaction with family trusts and associated estate planning measures.
A highly competitive financial package is on offer + career progression.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org