Commercial/Corporate Lawyer (2-5PQE)
Your new company
This is a rapidly growing SRA-regulated professional services consultancy that specialises in working with high potential SMEs. They have three core disciplines in advisory, accountancy and legal which they deliver to clients through quality guidance and joined-up expertise at each stage of business growth.
The firm are keen to bring onboard a solicitor with a passion for corporate/commercial law, a proactive and entrepreneurial mindset and superb relationship management.
This role is suited to an experienced corporate/commercial solicitor with between 2 and 5 years PQE. They are looking for a bright, highly diligent, and pro-active individual who can work on their own initiative and takes a commercial and consultative approach to client engagements. You will look forward to interacting directly with all their clients and supporting the business development of the department.
You will be managing a caseload of corporate and commercial matters, negotiating and drafting investment and shareholders' agreements, share purchase agreements, and a variety of commercial contracts. You will also occasionally advise on data protection and GDPR compliance matters and draft all related documents, as well as deliver client (or internal) training and seminars.
You'll be motivated by the opportunity to work with and support exciting, tech-enabled startups, often advising founders directly, helping them to solve problems and realise commercial objectives.
Your new role
- Managing a caseload of corporate and commercial matters
- Overseeing investment rounds, share allotments, share/asset sales and acquisitions
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (SaaS agreements, IP licences, Terms and Conditions etc.)
- Assisting with ad hoc internal and external corporate and company secretarial matters
- Instructing, supporting and working with junior members of the team
- Supporting the business development of the department
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor in England and Wales
- Essential to have a minimum of 2 years' PQE
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail
- Experience in corporate transactions essential
- Knowledge and experience of data protection and GDPR matters desirable
- Experience and knowledge of (S)EIS tax relief desirable
- Thorough technical grounding in a range of company and commercial law issues
- Warm, approachable and highly organised (fast-paced and varied role)
- Enthusiastic to speak to clients, employees and new peopl
- Growth mindset; curious and keen to try new things, learn more
- Excellent English - written and verbal
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.