Private client Solicitor
Private Client Solicitor - 3+PQE
£50,000 - £60,000 Salary Bracket
Full Time, Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com
About the business:
Our client is leading regional law firm with a highly reputable private client department.
This firm has built their reputation as one of the leading specialists law firms outside of London an operate in a collaborative and family friendly manner with each employee being truly valued.
Due to continued expansion our client is looking to bring on board a private client solicitor/Legal executive to join the team. The role will be based out of the Sheffield office however the firm does operate a hybrid working model.
If successful, you will perform the following role as a Private Solicitor/Legal Executive:
* Dealing with all aspects of the administration of estates, including collating information on assets and liabilities, preparing applications for grants of representation, preparing inheritance tax accounts, and drafting estate accounts
* Advising trustees, dealing with trust administration, including tax related aspects
* Aiding the Trust Administration Team regarding advice and preparation of key documents to do with the running of trusts and to provide specific support and advice to fee earners within that team regarding the running will and lifetime trusts
* Assisting with the preparation, drafting, and checking of various deeds relating the administration of trusts and estates
* Drafting wills, codicils and related trust documents using established precedents
* Dealing with all aspects of inheritance tax related advice.
* Dealing with correspondence and liaising directly with clients and third parties
* Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
* Keeping abreast of changes in legislation and other regulatory aspects by attending training provided.
This opportunity would suit someone with ideally 3 or more years' experience, but the workload can be tailored to the level of experience dependent on the successful candidate and as such we are open to applications from candidates at all levels. However, you must be comfortable largely running your own caseload.
The expectation would be that the successful candidate would deal with a full range of probate, estate planning, inheritance tax calculations, setting up trusts and advising trustees, although we will consider candidates who wanted to focus on one or more of our niche areas. You will be expected to provide advice relating to inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax for individuals, estates, and trusts.
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
* You will be a solicitor or legal executive with c. 3 years' experience (however we will consider candidates at all PQE levels providing you are confident and able to manage your own caseload)
* Previous probate experience, and experience of providing advice and assistance to trustees is essential
* IT proficient
* Able to prioritise demanding workloads effectively and meet deadlines
* Have good numerical skills
* Have excellent attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
* 27 days holiday
* Medical insurance
* Ability to buy or sell holiday
* Flexible/hybrid/remote working
How to apply:
If this vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Data Protection Paralegal vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.