Professional & Financial Risks Associate / Senior Associate
Our client is a modern, forward thinking top-tier City law firm with a leading Insurance Litigation practice. With offices in both the UK and Asia, they act for a large number of international clients with interests throughout the world, and have strong links with law firms in over 100 jurisdictions.
The Bristol based Professional & Financial Risks team is looking to grow through the addition of a senior lawyer to advise on claims against accountants, financial professionals, insurance brokers, off-shore trustees, lawyers and pension professionals.
The role largely involves defending liability claims both pre and post litigation, but the team also provide advice/ representation on associated matters such as regulatory issues, risk management and Ombudsman complaints. The team is also frequently asked to advise insurers on policy coverage aspect of claims.
In addition to acting for all of the major Professional Indemnity Insurers, the team also acts directly for a number of large professional services firms.
There is early client contact and likely to be significant secondment opportunities in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a vibrant and growing, top-ranked Professional Negligence team, on a variety of interesting and challenging matters and you will be given full autonomy.
You will also have the opportunity to get fully involved with business development and client initiatives.
- Previous professional indemnity experience or a background in financial services/insolvency litigation.
- Ideally looking for an indivudal with between 5-10 years' experience.
- Be able to attend client events and/or travel, principally to London.
- A good knowledge of legal procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both orally and in writing).
- Be able to demonstrate good initiative and problem solving skills, but be conscious of when to consult others.
- Have the ability to multi-task and able to manage upwards.
Offering a very competitive salary and bonus structure, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly collaborative and ambitious insurance practice.
For further details and to discuss on a confidential basis, please contact Laila Caruso or Adam Houghton:
Laila: 07974 820298 / Laila@austonlegal.com
Adam: 07968 007197 / Adam@austonlegal.com