Salary: Competitive per annum plus Veolia benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid - London/Home
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who’s just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring to life our ambition of Ecological Transformation.
Here at Veolia we work alongside our communities, look after the environment and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Car or allowance
- Generous bonus scheme
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- One paid day of leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What you will be doing:
We are looking for a construction lawyer to support our business to deliver on complex/bespoke low carbon, energy efficiency and energy management, waste and water projects for customers. Covering the full legal lifecycle of works from early engagement and appointment through to contract drafting and negotiation and claims management.
Being a trusted business adviser, you will assess and communicate risks effectively to the business, apply judgement and advise appropriately.
We are also seeking a positive role model, who will actively share knowledge and contribute to the development of the wider team and the business more generally.
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (law of England and Wales or law of Scotland) with at least 2/3 years post qualification experience working on construction projects at a major law firm and/or large corporate; experience in contentious construction matters would also be valuable Ability to manage tasks in an proactive, efficient and timely manner, with the ability to work independently Excellent organisational and communication skills. Able to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across the group and externally
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+. This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.
Apply today, so together we can make a difference for generations to come.