Abu Dhabi - Commercial/TMT Associate, 3-6 Yrs PQE
*ABU DHABI – TMT/COMMERCIAL ASSOCIATE – 3-6 YEARS PQE*
A great opportunity for a TMT/Commercial Associate has arisen to join this stellar international law firm in Abu Dhabi, with offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia!
Our client’s International Corporate TMT/Commercial team has an excellent reputation on a global level. Clients include multinational corporations, and regional and domestic Middle Eastern and global businesses. This is the chance to join its Abu Dhabi office, and to undertake a mix of TMT/Commercial work as part of a strong team with the benefit of being supervised by/working alongside partners based both in the Gulf and the UK.
What the role will involve
- Drafting, advising on, negotiating and finalising technology-related contracts including contracts for consulting services, IT products and services, software, data processing and data privacy.
- Reviewing supplier terms and drafting such documents as system integration agreements and software licences, and be familiar with cloud solutions and the advent of AI.
- Advising on general commercial contracts, including terms and conditions of general goods and services, MoUs, NDAs and other commercial agreements.
- Working with clients to formulate legal strategies and analytical responses where supplier terms have been received.
- Advising clients on data privacy and cybersecurity law, and compliance with UAE's new regulations.
- Researching and publishing articles.
- Additional responsibilities related to client development, work management and the supervising of 2-3 juniors.
- Pro-active participation in business development initiatives.
Requirements for the Role
The ideal candidate for this position will be as follows:
- Common law qualified lawyer (UK/Ireland/Australia/New Zealand) with 3-6 years’ PQE in Commercial law.
- Solid experience of TMT/commercial contracts from a highly reputable City/global law firm.
- Strong document drafting, communication and analytical skills along with a high level of commercial awareness.
- The ability to thrive as part of a small team.
- International experience (especially GCC experience) is a plus.
- Fluency in English. Arabic language is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Excellent academic record
Apply today to take your career as a Commercial lawyer forward to the next level! Highly competitive pay and benefits fully tax free will be provided.
Newbold Search is a leading legal recruitment boutique that specialises in placing common law trained lawyers overseas into private practice and in-house.
With longstanding global client relationships, Newbold Search operates in a wide range of legal markets including:
The Middle East
The Cayman Islands
Jersey and Guernsey
The United Kingdom and Ireland