Data Protection Lawyer
A Data Protection Lawyer position is available with an established law firm, offering the opportunity to work with senior members of the data compliance and risk function. The role is located in either Oxford, Bath or Swindon, and will be part of the Risk and Best Practice team, ensuring adequate compliance controls and meeting Data Protection regulations. The role is crucial to the firm's success in managing risk and compliance.
- Assisting the data compliance officer with implementing data protection measures.
- Updating and monitoring the firm's policies and procedures in line with data protection legislation and analysing how effective the firm is in achieving this.
- Management of Subject access requests.
- Drafting responses to enquiries from third parties such as the information commissioner's office.
- Drafting and advising on Data Processing Agreements.
- Advising the firm on the data protection implications of new business initiatives and general enquiries.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance data protection, and ensuring that serious issues are raised to the data compliance officer.
- Creating and delivering data protection training across the firm.
- Providing broader risk and compliance support across the firm.
- This role requires a qualified solicitor or legal executive, with experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Strong working knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations and codes of conduct applicable to the operations of a law firm, including the SRA standards and regulations.
- Previous experience in Risk and Compliance.
- Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles we are handling, please contact Solomon Cairns at Solomon.Cairns@jamesonlegal.com
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com