Corporate Tax Associate - NQ+, Legal 100, Thames Valley
Our client is a leading Legal 100 firm with an enviable reputation for corporate tax related advice. Due to growth, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual (NQ+) to join the corporate tax team and advise across a broad range of clients and sectors.
The Corporate team boasts several highly-rated individuals and is consistently ranked in the top-tier for corporate finance in the Thames Valley by the Legal 500 and Chambers Guides to the legal profession. The team act for a number of well-known clients advising on MBOs, mergers and acquisitions, MBIs, restructuring and private equity.
This Legal 100 corporate tax team has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the practice and take responsibility for a wide range of transactions both contentious and non-contentious. You will be responsible for providing tax support across the firm but primarily corporate finance support, assistance with acquisition and mergers, HMRC investigations and advice on investments, such as EIS, and complex tax issues. The team also deals with share and employee incentives.
You will have experience of working in a corporate tax team with experience of advising clients on the tax structure and tax implications including the purchase and sale of shares and businesses, demergers, reconstructions, MBOs, MBIs, equity raising, and joint ventures.
You may also have experience in advising on share incentives and other forms of employee incentives. You will be able to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service.
- Newly Qualified Solicitor (NQ+) (preferably with a CTA qualification although this is not necessary)
- Have gained at least six months’ experience gained within a dedicated corporate tax team of a city or regional firm.
- Alternatively, gained experience from a corporate seat with experience of tax support in M&A transactions.
- Have achieved a strong academic record with at least a 2:1 at degree level.
- Be a team player with first class client care and communication skills across all levels.
- Possess meticulous attention to detail and a high level of numeracy.
- Be driven, dedicated and seeking to further their career in a leading team.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment. Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Possess the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, initiative, and be an innovative thinker.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior members of the department including partners, whilst liaising with other teams and advising on all taxation aspects of a transaction, both domestic and international. The team will focus on mitigating liabilities and maximising allowances, providing tax support on corporate transactions and helping to design and implement equity incentive schemes for our clients.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below.
Alternatively, please contact: email@example.com, or, 01844 355 794