In-House Legal Counsel (Financial Services / Banking)
We are actively seeking Commercial Transactions Lawyers with direct experience providing in-house legal counsel on procurement contract activities specific to the financial services sector. However, all Lawyers with enterprise-wide transaction experience encouraged to apply.
Epiq Counsel is an innovative legal services talent provider that offers meaningful work and flexibility to sophisticated and credentialed lawyers and legal professionals. Our lawyers work on a wide variety of sophisticated matters for Fortune 500 clients. Epiq works hard to provide our diverse legal talent with challenging work for clients allowing more flexibility and control over how they practice.
Epiq Counsel takes the time and attention to understand each lawyer’s practice areas, experience, and preferences to ensure they are presented with compelling engagement opportunities with leading legal teams across the globe.
We are actively seeking Commercial Transactions Lawyers with the following experience:
- 7+ years experience with commercial contracting experience: drafting, reviewing, and negotiating responsibility.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services, specifically investment banking. Experience working in a major law firm and / or investment bank preferred.
- Possess an autonomous and collaborative ability to assess, evaluate, and standardize terms and contractual language on sophisticated commercial agreements for a variety of contract segments including IT, software licensing, outsourcing, market data licensing, among other procurement agreement categories.
- Skilled in negotiating with sophisticated vendor counterparties to achieve favorable commercial and legal outcomes.
- Right to work in the UK and be eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK. Epiq Counsel partners with industry-leading clients in support of their sophisticated interim talent needs.
- Must be interested in practicing in an alternative, fixed-term legal services model.
- Engagements largely remote/hybrid with flexible schedule.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- PTO and paid bank holidays.
- Wellness Program
- Access to professional development resources and learning and development programs.
Should your experience meet the role requirements, the Epiq Counsel team will contact you. The Epiq Counsel team strives to respond to all applications; however due to the volume of applicants, we cannot always respond to every application.
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.