Banking & Finance Lawyer (3+PQE)
Banking, Finance, Associate, Senior Associate, Lawyer, Solicitor
This City law firm has over 250 years' experience of advising public and privately-owned businesses and wealthy individuals across a range of industry sectors. Clients also include banks and other financial institutions. The firm has established well-developed international links in leading cities around the world. Core services include corporate, banking and finance, employment; commercial property and property litigation, commercial litigation and arbitration, charities, private wealth, tax, contentious probate and high-value residential property advice.
Sitting within the Corporate and Commercial Department, the successful candidate will be 3 - 5 years' PQE, and will provide support to the banking and finance team in financings for property acquisition and development, and acquisition finance for acquisitions of businesses and companies, trade financings and general corporate lending. Also dealing with syndication of loans, bridging, mezzanine and stretched senior facilities, security and facility reviews, and corporate debt issuances - listed and non-listed bonds and loan note programmes. The team also has a niche expertise in Sharia'ah-compliant transactions.
The team currently consists of nine Partners, three Consultants, three Senior Associates, two Solicitors, one Trainee and three Secretaries.
- Banking work for the firm's existing client base of banks, bridging finance providers, mezzanine finance providers, developers, property investors and institutions, with a particular focus on property finance;
- Wider finance related work covering work with investment funds, private equity and venture capital investments, syndicated lending, asset based lending, acquisition finance and corporate debt issuances;
- Forming part of the team handling Sharia'ah-compliant banking transactions;
- Supporting work on corporate transactions for a range of the firm's corporate, fund and (U)HNW clients.
Skills and experience
- First class ability and experience in:
- drafting, negotiating, reviewing and reporting on a range of loan facilities (including term and revolving credit), security documentation for secured lending transactions, inter-creditor deeds, the mechanisms for mezzanine, stretched and other types of lending; and
- advancing and closing matters, handling day-to-day matters and keeping clients informed of progress (in both cases with no or minimum supervision);
- LMA documentation
- Understanding of agency agreements, reviewing and drafting legal opinions and liaising with overseas counsel;
- Ability to develop business alongside members of the firm or on own initiative.
- Working knowledge of metals trading and Sharia'ah-compliant banking transactions;
- Working knowledge private / seed, Series A, B,C etc investment rounds;
- Knowledge of capital markets and listing of debt securities together with private debt issuances
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.