Head of Privacy Technology and Innovation - Data Protection Administration - KSA
- Legal Route - Global Legal Recruitment
- Saudi Arabia
- £300- £460k
- 22 May 2023
- 19 Jun 2023
- Data Protection - Giga Project KSA
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice, In-House, Barristers, Technology
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Data Protection, Information Technology, Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance)
- 7+ Years, Newly Qualified, Partner
- Experience Level
- Management/Head of Department, Partner, Partner-designate, Senior Executive
A fantastic new role has just come live. Its for The Head of Privacy Technology and Innovation which povides leadership and strategic direction for the Privacy Technology and Innovation division of this giga projects Data Protection Administration (the DPA), supporting the development and application of emerging technologies, privacy enhancing technologies, application of data ethics, commissioning and leading all research topics pertinent to the DPA, developing regulatory and supervisory technologies, and co-managing the use of co-regulatory tools.
The Privacy Technology and Innovation division will be the DPA’s hub for encouraging and supporting innovative and responsible use of emerging technologies within the boundaries of the Law and the Regulations, as well as ensuring that the DPA continues to use the latest technology to enable its own supervisory capabilities. They will play a central role in assessing data protection risks and harms from new technologies and identifying how privacy enhancing technologies can mitigate risks and supporting accountable regulated persons accordingly.
A key part of the role will be related to research, for which a budget will be provided. This will include defining the DPA’s research strategy, prioritising and commissioning research required to support the work of the DPA. Partnerships will need to be built with third party research institutions and organisations to ensure that the DPA retains state of the art knowledge on the latest privacy technologies, risks and trending topics.
Within the DPA, the Head of Privacy Technology and Innovation will help make decisions on issues of strategic importance regarding technological advancement and innovative processes, and is ultimately accountable for all responsibilities, powers and tasks conferred to this division by this giga projects Data Protection Legislation.
- Prepare the DPA’s Privacy Technology and Innovation division for readiness, and design its strategy, including its research strategy, and approach Along with the Regulatory Department, develop and manage co-regulatory tools, including sandboxes, policy prototyping and other tools as needed Engage with regulated entities to support and enable new (emerging) technologies and innovation within the boundaries of relevant data protection legislation Identify and procure/implement systems and supervisory technology required to execute on the DPA’s functions and missions (e.g., supervisory tech, monitoring equipment, planning software, handling innovation lab, use of shared services) Commission and manage research relating to technology and innovation, including in relation to emerging technology, and privacy enhancing technologies Create and facilitate advisory committees and bodies in the fields of innovation and technology Work collaboratively with the other divisions of the DPA to help build a world-leading reputation for the DPA Establish and maintain international relations, and build collaborations, with other regulators in relation to technology standards, innovation and state of the art developments Identify areas or specific sectors where cooperation and agreements are needed and develop processes to communicate and liaise with key points of contact for the division’s activities, notably within KSA Coordinate the development of platforms, technologies, tools and templates to be used by regulated entities to help ensure compliance with the giga projects data protection laws and regulations Use international benchmarks of Regulatory Tech & Supervisory Tech to establish best practices to support the DPA’s regulatory strategy in line with NEOM’s vision to Accelerate Human Progress
Fantastic tax free salary, + bonus and free housing, food, schooling anywhere globally
Apply for Head of Privacy Technology and Innovation - Data Protection Administration - KSA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly