Banking and Finance Lawyer
We are working with a global 100 firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which they operate. The firm regularly appears in Tier 1 of the Legal 500 for its work in a multitude of sectors.
The firm is looking to grow its Banking and Finance practice in Edinburgh. Their banking and finance team delivers a high-quality legal service operating on a national basis, allowing the team to demonstrate a deep knowledge of current market practice.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be expected to advise a broad range of lenders and borrowers on a wide variety of financing transactions, including acquisition finance, asset-based lending, general corporate lending, project finance, real estate finance and structured finance.
- This includes acting for borrowers and lenders in relation to sustainability and ESG financing in both the loan and the bond markets.
- Your client portfolio will include an exceptionally large range of clients from high street banks to wealth management companies.
- You will be expected to take an active role in business development within both your team and the wider firm.
- You will have at least 2 years’ previous qualified experience in Banking and Finance in a large commercial or in-house legal team.
- Experience of real estate finance (investment and development), corporate financing and leveraged finance transactions.
- Demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge and the ability to work collaboratively with those in your team.
- Demonstrate astute commerciality and a can-do attitude throughout your work and the firm’s business development.