Associate / Snr Associate - Investment Funds / Corporate (Guernsey)
Our client is offering a unique opportunity to ambitious and technically strong lawyers (up to 7yrs PQE) with a range of funds and/or corporate experience to join its market leading global Investment Funds and Corporate practice in Guernsey.
The successful candidates will work alongside leading practitioners in the continued building of the business in line with the general expansion across all of the Firm's practice groups in the Channel Islands.
Core scope and responsibilities of this hire include:
- Proactively assist in developing and expanding client relationships important to the Firm’s success, while at the same time becoming a valued resource to clients. This will involve taking ownership of the development of relationships with core clients and participating in associate-led business development initiatives.
- Participate in the development of the practice’s know-how, share knowledge and actively participate in conferences, seminars, client presentations and internal training.
- Provide technically sound advice and highly responsive service to clients, and support colleagues, senior counsel and partners on all client matters.
- Maintain a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability; follow recommended billing rates- manage costs appropriately and ensure personal utilisation meets expectations.
- Adhere to the Firm's values and professional ethics and proactively seek resolution of conflicts.
Further, as an accomplished communicator with outstanding time management and organisational skills, you will be comfortable working within what is a truly collaborative environment. Channel Islands jurisdiction experience and/or familiarity with offshore financial service providers preferred, but not essential.
In return for your effort and commitment, you will become part of a dynamic working environment and offered realistic opportunities for career progression, plus receipt of a market leading remuneration package (incorporating a discretionary performance based bonus, pension and fully covered health insurance). Full relocation assistance is offered to those applying from overseas..
For more information on this and other opportunities we are working on with top tier offshore firms globally, please send your CV and supporting information in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this website.
James O’Brien has recruited within the legal sector for over 20yrs, hiring into major US/UK, international and offshore law firms globally. Possessing a wealth of experience and significant market relationships, James is well placed to assist candidates looking to advance their careers both domestically or overseas Feel free to contact him confidence to arrange a time to discuss your objectives.