Company Secretary Manager
Your new company
A well-known employer in Bristol, our client is growing to meet client needs for governance advisory and managed services in the UK and across the globe, and as a result is looking for an experienced corporate governance and company secretarial professional at the Manager level to join their UK Corporate Governance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a time of growth and transformation. This role will be based in Bristol however there is the opportunity for a mixture of both home and office working, therefore it is anticipated that you will live within commutable distance of Bristol (the team working in a hybrid manner, typically doing 2 days in the office and 3 at home). Genuine career prospects are on offer here for the right candidate.
Your new role
Our client has established a team of company secretarial and corporate governance specialists who provide clients with a broad range of governance advisory and managed services both in the UK and globally. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a time of growth and transformation. The successful individual will be responsible for leading the delivery of Governance Advisory and Managed Service client engagements, primarily focusing on listed clients and supporting those preparing for an IPO.
Your role will include:
* Lead or support the delivery of governance advisory and managed service client engagements.
* Advise domestic and international clients on UK listing requirements, compliance, governance, and transaction related matters.
* Lead or support business development and client relationship management activities.
* Establish and maintain client relationships.
* Develop subject matter market insights, technical knowledge and service delivery templates, processes, tools, and materials.
* Manage, mentor, and develop junior team members.
* Support business management and operational matters, including recruitment, resourcing, finance and risk management.
* Administer the on-boarding of new clients in accordance with company policies and processes.
* Keep abreast of both internal and external influences to help shape continuous growth and development of the Governance Services business and offering.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is looking for candidates with at least five years company secretarial, corporate administration and governance experience gained within professional services and/or industry, ideally within or for listed companies. You will have the drive and enthusiasm to help develop, manage and grow the domestic Governance Services business, and expert networking and communication skills, and the ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels with clients and colleagues. You will ideally be a qualified Member of the CGI/ICSA: The Governance Institute, however this is not a pre-requisite and our client is keen to hear from candidates with sufficient qualifying experience.
What you'll get in return
Our client is committed to flexible working and is happy to talk about flexible working. You will enjoy 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan and a flexible employee benefits scheme.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in applying for this position, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new role, please contact Harriet Chapman in complete confidence at Hays. INDHLEG