Employment Lawyer (4-8 PQE)
We are currently working with one of the largest apparel and home goods firm in the UK and globally. Our client is seeking an Employment Lawyer to join their growing Legal Department, and to support the European business.
This will be a newly created role that will join a small European employment law team.
- Partnering with HR and providing legal guidance or support on a range of issues across Europe, including:
- Providing practical support and advice on complex grievance and disciplinary issues,
- Managing employment disputes in collaboration with HR and external counsel,
- Developing and reviewing employment contracts and policies; and
- Provision of internal training and legal updates on relevant topics.
- Assisting in the management of external counsel relationships and budgets
- Advising on employment related privacy issues and liaising with the global privacy team on issues requiring escalation
- Provide some support to the commercial legal team in relation to employment aspects of commercial contracts and outsourcings.
- Thinking strategically and assisting with proactive management of employment legal risk
- Managing case reporting across the jurisdictions and identifying trends and risk areas.
- Providing training and updates to HR and other business stakeholders.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Solid experience with a guideline of around 4-8 years PQE, although suitable candidates with experience outside this band will be considered in a reputable law firm and/or an in-house position.
- Experience in managing legal advice from other jurisdictions.
- Experience in industrial relations and collective issues across Europe.
- Able to operate on complex matters with limited supervision
- Able to engage a variety of stakeholders and collaborate effectively.
- Capable of building and maintaining a network of effective working relationships.
- Highly self motivated, flexible and pro-active
- Excellent commercial awareness, with a pragmatic, solution based approach to issues, and an ability to think at a strategic, risk-focussed level.
- Ability to influence and build relationships across organisational and geographic boundaries
Contact James Limburn for more information
T: +44 203 826 1805