Aviation Finance (NQ-4)
Aviation Finance, Structured Finance, Asset Finance, Lawyer, Solicitor, Associate, NQ
This is an international top 20 law firm advising on complex disputes and transactions through local knowledge and an integrated international network. They have a strong sector focus, combining their technical excellence with deep industry knowledge across Energy, Transport and associated Infrastructure. Their global practice is integrated across their offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and North America delivering consistently high levels of service across borders and locally through a deep understanding of local business customs and culture.
With one of the largest dedicated asset finance legal practices in the world, the firm have a presence in all the major asset finance centres and have over 100 specialist lawyers across their international offices. Asset finance has been a core part of their business from the beginning and they have one of the leading practices in the international legal market.
Their Assets & Structured Finance group comprises over 150 lawyers spread throughout our offices internationally. Their team is particularly strong in London, New York, Paris, Greece and Hamburg, which enables us to advise on all aspects of cross-border asset financings between the respective jurisdictions. In Chambers they have been reported as being "a first class player" in asset finance. Utilising the depth and breadth of our combined finance and sector expertise, their lawyers have the distinct advantage of understanding not only the finance-related mechanics of the transactions in which they advise, but the complexities and specific considerations relating to the underlying assets.
Their Assets & Structured Finance group acts for all parties involved in asset financing transactions: lessors, lessees, financiers, airlines, manufacturers, arrangers, borrowers, export credit agencies, trustees, private individuals and others. They advise on all aspects of domestic and cross-border asset financing including:
- export credit backed financing;
- syndicated and bilateral debt;
- project and asset financing;
- capital markets products;
- advising on distressed asset finance transactions;
- tax planning and structuring;
- reducing credit and structure risk for lessors;
- cross border leasing;
- off-balance sheet structures;
- Islamic financing;
- operating and finance leases (both tax and non-tax based);
- sale and purchase of leasing companies;
- sale and purchase of aircraft portfolios and lease transfers;
- procurement contracts with airframe and engine manufacturers, and maintenance support arrangements;
- pre-delivery payment financing;
- vendor leasing documentation including lease/rental agreements and programme agreements receivables financing;
- currency swaps and other hedging arrangements;
- asset sale and purchase (including sale and leaseback);
- aircraft repossessions;
- airline restructurings and insolvencies; and
- insurance issues.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales (or another common-law jurisdiction) with NQ-4 years' relevant and high quality post-qualification experience;
- Have recently qualified, or are about to qualify, as a solicitor in England & Wales having completed at least one training seat in an Assets and Structured Finance practice group with a leaning towards aviation sector work.
- Have proven technical skills in non-contentious aviation finance and leasing and related transactions;
- Have a well-practiced understanding of the aviation sector;
- Have relevant and significant experience of acting on major, multi-party transactions, domestically or internationally or both.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.