As a Legal Counsel, you will play a pivotal role in providing legal advice and support to the organisation, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations whilst helping to drive the business forward.
About the role:
- As a Legal Counsel, you will collaborate closely with the legal team and provide comprehensive legal advice to internal stakeholders.
- Your responsibilities will encompass a broad range of legal matters, including contract negotiation, drafting and reviewing agreements, managing litigation and disputes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and analysing legal risks associated with business operations.
- You will also be involved in advising on data protection and privacy matters, corporate governance, and supporting the development and implementation of legal policies and procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate legal advice to internal clients, including senior management, on a wide range of legal issues.
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts, agreements, and other legal documents.
- Manage litigation and disputes, including coordinating with external counsel when necessary.
- Conduct legal research and analysis to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Advise on data protection and privacy matters, ensuring adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of legal policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to identify and mitigate legal risks.
- Staying up to date with changes in laws and regulations that may impact the organisation.
- Qualified Commercial Solicitor in England & Wales between 1-6 Years PQE
- In-depth knowledge of contract law, data protection laws, and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates from Private Practice seeking their first In-House role are encouraged to apply.
For further information about this role or other In-House opportunities in the North-West, please contact me for a confidential discussion on Ciaran.ONeill@RobertWalters.com or call in the first instance on 07721019717.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates