Senior Regulatory Lawyer
4 days left
- National Grid
- Warwick, Warwickshire (GB)
- Competitive salary + excellent benefits
- 11 May 2023
- 08 Jun 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice, In-House, Public Sector, Barristers, Private Practice, In-House
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Competition/EU, Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance)
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
About the role
We are recruiting a qualified lawyer, with experience in regulatory law, to support the UK Legal team.
The UK is on a journey to reach net zero targets by 2050. The energy sector plays a vital part in helping the country to make this transformational change but to deliver on this ambition we need people with talent, the drive, and the passion to make this a reality. We are seeing unprecedented growth in the need for new energy infrastructure. To support this growth in infrastructure we are also seeing increasing demand for regulatory legal advice. The regulatory framework and associated funding arrangements under which we operate are evolving and need to change further to deliver a regime that can fully support the transformation required. Additional support is therefore needed in the UK Legal team to provide advice to National Grid Electricity Transmission plc (NGET) on a wide range of high profile and strategically important regulatory legal matters.
You will work closely with colleagues in the UK Legal team, alongside the NGET regulatory and business teams to provide legal support on a wide variety of regulatory legal matters.
Alongside strong legal skills, although previous industry experience is not required, we are looking for an individual who is interested in the energy sector and the net-zero ambition and who has the drive to support and enable the business in its ambitions.
You will be a good communicator, able to listen effectively and advise a range of business and Legal colleagues within National Grid in relation to all relevant regulatory matters and related issues.
We operate a Hybrid Working approach with a mix of home and office working to suit the needs of the business and our employees, using technology to ensure we always feel connected.
• Qualified solicitor or barrister with experience in either regulatory or competition law, acquired in private practice and/or within an in-house legal team (likely to have at least 6 years PQE, although all levels of PQE will be considered if you can show the requisite experience).
• A background of working in a regulated sector is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided on NGET’s regulatory framework.
• Knowledge of the CMA appeals process is desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
• Ability to work within a team environment, with a proactive attitude and ability to build strong relationships in a team or business environment
• No previous experience within the energy or utilities industry is required as training will be provided, although an interest in the sector is desired
• Ability to manage and deliver against competing priorities.
• Experience and strong track record in project or relationship management.
What we can offer you
A competitive salary – dependent on experience.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus of up to 20%, a car allowance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, a salary sacrifice technology scheme, support via the employee assistance line and matched charity giving to name a few.
We will also support with your development during your career with National Grid.
The closing date for this vacancy is 31 May 2023 however we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid reserves the right to remove this advert or close it for further applications at any point during the recruitment process. #LI-HYBRID #LI-SC1
National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone in the UK, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow. In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) owns and operates the high voltage electricity transmission system in England and Wales. Our role is key in enabling the transition to a low carbon energy system by designing and building the generation and demand connections and wider infrastructure needed to meet the UK’s ambitious net zero targets.
There’s never been a better time to work in energy. It’s a time of opportunity and transformation as we strive to provide a greener, cleaner energy system for the country. We’re looking for people with the skills and enthusiasm to help deliver for our customers today and build an energy network that’s fit for the future. In return we can offer you the chance to make a real impact at work.