Banking & Finance Associate (Singapore/Asia Focus) – Perth, Western Australia
- Agnew O'Brien Global Legal Recruitment
- Perth (Region), Western Australia (AU)
- Excellent Financial Package
- 21 Mar 2023
- 18 Apr 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Banking/Finance, Acquisition Finance, Asset Finance, Capital Markets, Commodities, Derivatives, Emerging Markets, General Banking (debt finance), Project Finance, Regulatory/Compliance, Structured Products (incl Securitisation), Company/Commercial, Corporate, Corporate Finance, Energy, Financial Services, Funds, Hedge Funds, Fund Asset Management, Insolvency & restructuring
- Experience Level
- Junior Level, Mid Level
Our client has created a unique opportunity for an ambitious, internationally-minded lawyer to join their market leading Banking & Finance team based in Perth, Western Australia, which will see the successful applicant work as a fully integrated part of their Singapore and wider Asian practice.
The successful candidate will have access to the best deals being completed in Asia, working directly with directory rated Singapore-based partners advising the most innovative banks, sponsor and fund clients in the region. Supporting transactions in jurisdictions like Vietnam and Indonesia, the successful candidate will live and breathe Asian finance transactions and build an intimate knowledge of the way business is done in Asia. There will of course be access to high quality Australian transactions and mentoring from one of Perth's most experienced Banking and Finance partners, who also straddles both domestic and Asian work streams, so plenty of varied and interesting work available that would suit those keen to maintain a breadth of experience.
The firm sees significant growth potential in its Asian and Australian businesses, so opportunities for career progression genuinely available for the right candidate long term.
To be considered you will possess the following:
- a strong academic pedigree and top tier law firm experience in banking & finance and/or projects;
- PQE flexible for the right candidate (but ideally with c2-5yrs+ post admission experience);
- international mindset and willingness to embrace Asian culture;
- overseas experience is desirable but not essential; and
- Asian language skills would be a bonus, but not essential.
On joining the firm you will:
- be staffed on the biggest and most interesting transactions in Australia and Asia as part of the leading Banking team in the region;
- become part of a tight knit, collaborative, and high quality regional team;
- be offered the opportunity to progress your career and achieve your personal development goals;
- gain access to the best available training programs (at a local, regional and global level) that are focused on both legal and business skills;
- have opportunities to be based in, or regularly travel to, international offices; and
- receive a very competitive salary / bonus / benefits package.
Those applicants that adequately match the requirements outlined above should send their CV and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below.