Regulatory Associate - Tier 1 Firm, Grand Cayman
- Agnew O'Brien Global Legal Recruitment
- Cayman Islands
- Excellent Financial Package (Tax Free)
- 12 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice, Barristers, Private Practice
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Banking/Finance, Acquisition Finance, Capital Markets, Commodities, Derivatives, Emerging Markets, General Banking (debt finance), Islamic Finance, Project Finance, Property Finance, Regulatory/Compliance, Structured Products (incl Securitisation), Competition/EU, Corporate, Corporate Finance, Corporate Insurance, M&A, Crime, Fraud, Data Protection, Financial Services, Funds, Hedge Funds, Fund Asset Management, Information Technology, Insolvency & restructuring, Insurance/Reinsurance, Litigation/Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation, Private Equity, Professional Indemnity/Negligence, Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance), Tax, Tax Litigation
- Experience Level
- Mid Level, Partner-designate
We are instructed by a leading offshore law firm to locate a highly intelligent and motivated regulatory lawyer who is committed to embarking on a long-term career in the Cayman Islands.
Our client advises on all aspects of Cayman Islands regulatory matters impacting asset managers, investment funds (both open and closed-ended), banks, administrators, family offices and high net worth individuals. Their team possess in-depth expertise advising clients on a wide range of regulatory matters including FATCA, CRS, the Securities Investment Business Law, DAC6 / MDR, anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, Economic Substance, cross-border conduct of business advice and the OECD Country-by-Country Reporting regime.
The successful candidate will have exposure to some of the best, cutting edge / evolving offshore legal work in the market and will work as part of, and be supported by, a highly regarded and collegiate team. The key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advising clients on a wide range of financial services regulatory and compliance matters such as AML/CFT, beneficial ownership, Data Protection, FACTA/CRS and other international initiatives such as the OECD BEPS regime, as well as contentious and non-contentious advice, such as regulatory reporting obligations.
- Liaising with regulatory, administrative and enforcement authorities including as part of any client onsite inspections.
- Researching, analysing and developing policy and legislation. Working with a client base that comprises blue chip domestic and international clients, particularly in the investment, banking and fiduciary sectors as well as all major onshore law firms.
- Advising in relation to the regulation of Crypto and Fintech Offerings.
To be considered, applicants will have a first-class academic pedigree with a minimum of 5yrs post qualified experience developed within an international law firm environment. Admitted to practice in a recognised Commonwealth jurisdiction, previous experience of Cayman regulatory matters an advantage (albeit not essential).
The successful candidate will be offered a extremely competitive tax free salary & bonus, comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance in addition to enhanced career progression within a firm that actively supports their lawyers in reaching their full potential.
To learn more about this and other opportunities we are working on in the regulatory space, please send your CV and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this website.
James O’Brien has successfully recruited within the legal sector for over 20yrs. Possessing significant relationships across multiple jurisdictions, he offers candidates a hands on, consultative approach, working closely with individuals to achieve their career objectives. Feel free to contact him by email in the first instance to arrange a confidential discussion.
Recent placements James has made with offshore law firms include:
- Banking & Finance Partner – Bermuda
- Finance Counsel – Cayman Islands
- Barrister. - British Virgin Islands
- Senior Commercial Litigation Associate – Bermuda
- Regulator Associate – Bermuda
- Corporate Associate – Hong Kong
- Senior Finance Associate – Bermuda
- Senior Litigation Associate – Cayman Islands