Commercial Property Associate – Tier 1 Offshore Firm, Cayman Islands
- Agnew O'Brien Global Legal Recruitment
- Cayman Islands
- Attractive Financial Package (Tax Free)
- 10 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Banking/Finance, Acquisition Finance, General Banking (debt finance), Project Finance, Property Finance, Company/Commercial, Corporate, Corporate Finance, Energy, Environment, Insolvency & restructuring, Planning, PPP/PFI/Commercial projects, Private Client, Personal Asset Management , Private Equity, Real Estate, Commercial property, Residential Property (incl plot sales), Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance)
- Experience Level
- Mid Level, Partner-designate
Premier offshore law firm would be interested to hear from talented & ambitious property lawyers for its market leading Cayman practice.
The work on offer spans property development, commercial acquisitions and dispositions, financing transactions and commercial and retail leasing, with a particular focus on hotel, condominium and commercial development, financing and restructuring for both local and international clients.
Key eligibility requirements for this position include:
- Admission to practice in Cayman (or other offshore jurisdiction), England & Wales, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Strong academics and stable career history with 3-6 years post qualification experience gained within the commercial property team at a recognised real estate practice.
- Breadth of commercial property experience to ideally include development work.
- Intention to relocate and establish a long-term career in the Cayman Islands.
Working within a small, friendly and busy team, you will be ready to hit the ground running and capable of taking on responsibility with minimal partner supervision. Comfortable communicating with clients and their onshore counsel, you will be proactive in your approach with a strong technical skill set that stands you above your peers.
This is a truly rare and compelling opportunity for an ambitious property lawyer to escape city life and embark on a career pivot that offers excellent and varied work, and enviable island lifestyle and very attractive compensation package (tax free). Relocation assistance will also be offered.
For further information, please send your CV and supporting information to email@example.com or apply via this webpage.
James O’Brien has successfully recruited within the legal sector for over 20yrs. Possessing significant relationships across multiple jurisdictions, he offers candidates a hands on, consultative approach, working closely with individuals to achieve their career objectives. Feel free to contact him by email in the first instance to arrange a confidential discussion.
Recent placements James has made with offshore law firms include:
- Banking & Finance Partner – Bermuda
- Finance Counsel – Cayman Islands
- Senior Commercial Litigation Associate – Bermuda
- Regulator Associate – Bermuda
- Corporate Associate – Hong Kong
- Senior Finance Associate – Bermuda
- Senior Litigation Associate – Cayman Islands
- Barrister – British Virgin Islands
- Senior Insurance Litigator – Bermuda