Group Legal Counsel (5-10 PQE), GCom / Telco / Tech
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- Competitive with great benefits
- 09 Mar 2023
- 06 Apr 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice, In-House
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Company/Commercial, Information Technology, Telecoms
- Experience Level
- Mid Level, Senior Level
Our client is a renowned multinational conglomerate committed to development, innovation and technology in many different sectors. They have a truly global focus, operating diverse businesses in over 50 countries with over 300,000 employees. Their operations consist of four core businesses – ports and related services; retail; infrastructure; and telecommunications.
We are looking for a lawyer with a wide range of corporate commercial experience, preferably gained in a technology rich environment. This individual will be responsible for providing advice and transaction support for the purchase, licensing and support of digital (IT and data) platforms, the sale of B2B and IoT products, device procurement, data monetisation, digital products and services and mobile broadband projects.
Responsibilities and requirements include:
- Negotiating, drafting and providing ongoing support for a wide range of technology, IT, data, handset, mobile broadband, and digital product and services agreements.
- Structuring complex, strategic, cross-jurisdictional arrangements.
- Supporting the company’s brand consultancy business including negotiating and drafting agreements and providing ongoing legal support.
- Managing third party relationships from both a legal and commercial perspective.
- Objective analysis of risks with ability and confidence to provide solutions quickly to satisfy legal and business requirements.
- Establishing strong working relationships with the business units and legal counsel in business units Briefing external lawyers and closely managing the external advice and costs.
- Ensuring adherence to the company’s corporate governance.
Experience and Background
You will need experience with a large City law firm/ large regional firm. In-house experience is desirable. Required operational experience includes:
- Solid experience in the resolution of business issues and drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, ideally in a TMT environment. Experience within the technology industry.
- Display strong leadership, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent technical legal skills.
Skills and Attitude
- Good influencer with strong advisory and negotiation skills, and excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to lead and to make your voice heard in dealing with others in the business (including senior management) whilst being a constructive and consultative team player, with an ability to brief. Ability to handle pressure, complex situations and transactions.
- Proactive, practical and commercial - take initiative and focus on solutions.
Contact Sophie Webb for more information
T: +44 203 826 1810