Commercial Contracts Manager- Interim 12 months (From March/April 2023)
- Clifton Legal
- Competitive Salary and Good Benefits
- 08 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, In-House, Legal Support, Legal Executive
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
Commercial Contracts Manager- 12 Month Contract (Full or Part Time 4/5 days)
We are looking for a Commercial Contracts Manager for a period of 12 months from March/April 2023.
Our client is a fast growing retail business with an established in house legal team.
Reporting into the Head of Legal you will have a range of responsibilities with Commercial Contracts at its core.
This is a role requiring excellent and standalone commercial contracts experience and the ability to work in a highly autonomous manner in a fast moving environment,
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements (goods and services contracts, terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements).
- Acting as legal lead on material commercial contracts and arrangements, including high profile cross-group matters.
- Where required advising on business change/integration projects.
- Instructing, directing, and managing external legal counsel.
- Proactively aligning legal review and risk management with the commercial objectives of the business.
- Providing practical in-house legal advice on a wide range of commercial matters, helping the business navigate complex legal issues.
- Management of and advising business stakeholders at all levels (including group level).
- Effectively delivering appropriate, sound and researched legal advice as is necessary whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Drafting and helping to maintain templates documents and guidance notes.
- Carrying out legal analysis, researching legal matters.
- Supporting with supplier disputes, personal injury claims, and marketing and ad hoc queries.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in Commercial Contracts (Drafting & Negotiation)
- Proven experience in managing business stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the needs of, manage expectations of and work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads, to include turnaround of work on tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong academic record, prior experience of providing legal advice, including experience of client and matter management.
- Ability to identify potential risks and advise on them in the context of commercial objectives.
We are open to a variety of different backgrounds (whether this be Contract Manager, Commercial Solicitor or experienced commercial contracts Paralegal)
Essential will be your ability to work effectively with commercial contracts is a fast moving setting.
This role can be remote. You need to be UK based.