- JMC Legal Recruitment
- England, London, City of London
- £115000.00 - £130000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
- 03 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Maxwell Duffen
- Vacancy Type
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Experience Level
- Junior Level, Mid Level
This Top 10 Law Firm is looking for a non-contentious Construction Lawyer, 2-4 years PQE, to join within their Top-tier City of London practice.
This Top 10 Law firm has created the perfect balance of commercial and sustainable growth. Their offices have grown with local lawyers who understand each country's culture, business, and language. They actively encourage their people to explore opportunities overseas through a programme of international and client secondments. Their lawyers are exposed to some of the world's leading companies, financial institutions, and most innovative businesses and work alongside key people at these organisations.
This firm's client base is envied across the globe and includes many of the current FTSE100 and Fortune Global 500 companies. They advise the top 10 investment banks, many of the world's largest financial conglomerates, over half of the top 60 European hedge fund managers, and 13 of the top 20 US hedge fund managers. Additionally, their clients typically rank among the top 20 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
One of the firm's core strategies centres around creating a high-performance culture. A key component of this is a strong, clear career path for people, with accelerated progression for the best performers. Lawyers can expect a genuinely collegiate and supportive working environment, centred around a team ethos. You will learn and develop alongside the highest-quality professionals, many of whom are considered the best in their field.
- The Global construction practice provides expert advice on all aspects of construction law from the inception of a project through to completion. They undertake both contentious and non-contentious work, acting for a broad range of clients including public bodies, major developers, funding institutions, consultants, contractors, potential purchasers and tenants.
- You will be advising clients on a wide variety of projects including power stations, roads, railways, defence and infrastructure projects, office, retail and residential projects, headquarters and factory premises and retail park developments.
- Your responsibilities will include the preparation and negotiation of the terms of construction documentation including tenders, letters of intent, main contracts, sub-contracts, consultants appointments, and collateral warranties whether standard or project-specific. You will also be drafting performance bonds, guarantees, and insurance arrangements, and focussing on PFI, PPP, BOOT, partnering contracts and EPC contracts
- You will be a non-contentious Construction Lawyer, 2-4 years PQE
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm for intellectually challenging work.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience in business development.
What's on offer?
- Market-leading salary and excellent benefits with clear and structured progression paths.
- A flexible and friendly working environment and a supportive team culture
- Exposure to large, high-profile UK and international tax issues.
- Extensive business development support and training giving you the chance to develop client relationships from early in your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a non-contentious Construction Associate, 2-4 years PQE, to join this Top 10 firm with one of the most prestigious practices in the City.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to call for a confidential conversation.