Senior Contentious Probate Associate - 4 PQE+, Berkshire
- Stonor Legal
- £65,000 - £70,000 + Benefits + Career Progression
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice, Legal Support, Legal Executive
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Civil Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Private Client, Family, Personal Asset Management , Personal tax/trusts, Trust litigation, Wills & Probate
- 1-3 Years, 4-6 Years, 7+ Years, Newly Qualified, Partner
- Experience Level
- Junior Level, Management/Head of Department, Mid Level, Partner, Partner-designate, Trainee
New! - our client is a leading national Legal 100 firm with a stellar reputation for complex contentious private client matters. Their Chambers-rated practice delivers advice and expertise to trustees/executors, private banks, individuals and charities across a wide range of trust and will/estate disputes. The team has extensive experience of advising on claims in different jurisdictions both within the UK and abroad.
Typical matters may include:
- Advising on disputes concerning the validity of wills or other trust documents;
- Disputes concerning the management and administration of trusts or estates,
- Disputes concerning deputies within the realm of Court of Protection.
- Any previous exposure to the Inheritance Act 1975 is advantageous.
Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Senior Associate to join the team.
The ideal applicant will have a minimum of 4-5 years of contentious trusts/probate experience and solid academics including 2:1 classification at degree level.
Representative cases include:
- Advising the beneficiaries of a substantial UK estate worth in excess of £20m on claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Advising the professional executor of a heavily disputed estate concerning both claims against the estate by third parties, and claims within the estate by different beneficiaries.
- Advising the trustees of a substantial property-holding trust in relation to disputed issues concerning sales of property and distributions to discretionary beneficiaries.
- Advising the beneficiaries of two separate offshore trusts concerning their rights and claims against the offshore trustee
You will ideally be a confident communicator and have a genuine appetite for business development and marketing looking to make a positive contribution to the wider firm through cross-collaboration.
We are looking for someone who is calm under pressure and can work to conflicting deadlines in an organised manner. You should be analytical and approachable, able to deliver complex legal advice in plain language.
The contentious trusts team are friendly, supportive and collegiate in nature always looking to exceed client expectations on every matter. You can expect to progress your career within a structured framework for advancement. Working within the Chambers-rated Disputes team, you will learn from the best in the field and can expect early client contact from day one.
A generous financial package is on offer + excellent work-life balance and benefits.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Private Client Private Practice Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Arbitration Private Practice Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Civil Litigation Private Practice Partner jobs in Northamptonshire
- Commercial Litigation Private Practice Partner jobs in Northamptonshire