Corporate Insurance Associate - Cayman Islands
- Agnew O'Brien Global Legal Recruitment
- Cayman Islands (KY)
- Attractive Financial Package (Tax Free)
- 07 Feb 2023
- 07 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice, Barristers, Private Practice
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Banking/Finance, Regulatory/Compliance, Structured Products (incl Securitisation), Company/Commercial, Corporate, Corporate Finance, Corporate Insurance, M&A, Financial Services, Funds, Hedge Funds, Fund Asset Management, Insolvency & restructuring, Insurance/Reinsurance, Professional Indemnity/Negligence, Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance), Transport (Including aviation and shipping), Aviation Commercial and regulatory, Aviation Finance, Aviation Insurance, Rail, Shipping (Dry), Shipping (Wet), Shipping Finance
- Experience Level
- Mid Level, Partner-designate
Market leading offshore law firm actively seeks an ambitious corporate insurance lawyer (c4-6yrs PQE) for a business critical opening in their busy Cayman office.
To be considered, you will be have developed your insurance experience to date with a major onshore or offshore law firm, ideally with exposure to large, complex, multi-jurisdictional reinsurance transactions and familiarity with offshore structures.
Offering a wide range of interesting work, primarily advising on the establishment of both captive insurers and reinsurance entities in the Cayman Islands, in addition to a range of additional corporate (and to a lesser extent, regulatory matters), the ideal candidate will be comfortable taking a front seat, dealing directly with clients and transactions independently.
This position offers considerable career progression and the opportunity to take the lead in the development of their nascent Cayman insurance practice, working alongside Partners on island who are attracting an increasing amount of insurance related mandates. The firm itself has a prominent insurance offering in Bermuda, as you would expect, and there will be plenty of collaboration with colleagues across the firms global network, so strong networking and communication skills will be important.
An attractive tax free financial package is on offer plus full relocation assistance.
For more information please submit your details via the link below or contact James O'Brien in confidence: email@example.com
James O'Brien has been recruiting in the legal sector for over 20yrs. Possessing significant relationships across multiple jurisdictions, he offers candidates a hands on, consultative approach, working closely with individuals to achieve their career objectives. Feel free to contact him by email in the first instance to arrange a confidential discussion.