- TAP Search
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Excellent Remuneration, Highly Competitive
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors, Private Practice
- Full Time
- Practice Areas
- Construction, Litigation/Dispute Resolution
- Experience Level
- Junior Level, Mid Level
A Global Corporate Commercial Law firm based in Central London is seeking a Contentious Construction Associate to join their expanding Construction and Engineering Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior-mid level ‘business’ minded lawyer who is keen to further develop their relationships with clients, hone their commercial acumen and build upon their technical construction law expertise.
Reporting into two Construction Partners, the successful Construction Associate will be part of a small team, advising and acting for a wide range of national and international commercial entities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on contractual claims and disputes and professional negligence disputes
- Providing dispute strategy and resolution advice
- Handling contractual processes, ADR, (including adjudication and mediation), court proceedings and arbitration
- Liaising with insurance brokers on matters such as the conduct of claims and protecting a company coverage
- Advising insurers, brokers and various construction professionals in connection with professional indemnity and CAR claims
- Supporting engineering and commercial and credit control departments on working capital issues Dealing with corporate governance issues and mitigating risk
In this role, the successful candidate will advise on a wide range of construction and engineering projects. Clients include International Retailers, Building Developers, Building Contractors, Construction Consultants and Institutional Investors
The Construction Associate will receive top-tier training, expanding upon their legal expertise, as well as strategic business management.
The ideal candidate will not only have solid experience within Construction law, but also a keen eye for stakeholder engagement and relationship management. It is essential that the candidate is UK qualified. The role also offers a highly competitive remuneration and a mature flexible working environment.
A hybrid working opportunity, where the successful Construction Associate may work remotely from home and is expected to work in the office 1-2 days per week. The organisation has multiple office sites across the UK (including Central London, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham etc.)