Senior Legal Counsel - Bristol- Private equity portfolio company
As the Senior Legal Advisor you will be advising the portfolio private equity company, as part of a small and dynamic team, on commercial matters, strategic corporate projects, product development, supplier partnering, as well as corporate governance. You will provide legal services to the business to ensure they maximise its legal advantage and minimise its legal risk. There is the potential to manage two Contract Assistants / Paralegals in the team.
The business is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth, innovation, transformation, and investment: it’s a great time to join! You will have the opportunity to work on strategic and transformational projects, and large business-to-business contracts, working closely with the Head of Legal, Group GC and the wider business to drive a programme of change within the business.
Role Accountabilities and responsibilities:
In this role your key responsibilities will be:
• Responsibility for the delivery of first-class legal support to and acting as a business partner.
• Negotiating large UK/ROI contracts with customers. Predominantly relating to SaaS/Cloud agreements, software licensing, and business process outsourcing.
• Managing the workload of a team of paralegals that assist in the review, negotiation, and governance of contracts.
• Providing support and training to a team of trainees/paralegals to ensure they can fully support the business
• Identifying and implementing process changes across the Legal & Compliance team to ensure legal resources are utilised effectively across the business.
• Working closely with the Head of Legal & Group GC on strategic and transformational projects.
• Act as an escalation point for customer disputes, dealing effectively and efficiently with such issues, providing regular updates to the Head of Legal, Group GC, and Executive members as appropriate.
• Oversee the delivery of external legal support
• You will have trained at a reputable law firm/in-house department
• The ability to quickly understand complex issues and be able to translate that into timely, practical, and accessible advice to stakeholders, including at Executive level.
• Strong experience of drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts
• Proven experience of delivering operational delivery improvements within an in-house legal team.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with senior internal stakeholders and to operate as their business partner.
• A good working knowledge of data protection laws in a commercial contracting context.
- • People management experience would be desirable but not essential
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel - Bristol- Private equity portfolio company
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly