Commercial Property In-House Counsel – Full or Part time
Division of FTSE 100 energy business focused on renewable projects and playing a major part in helping towards net zero and a sustainable world seeks a Commercial Property Legal Counsel.
Working as part of a small legal property team you will play a key role in supporting the business with renewable energy projects.
- Reporting to the Legal Manager you will provide legal advice to stakeholders in respect of land rights for a variety of energy projects
- This will involve supporting land requirements for renewable projects
- Drafting and negotiating leases, transfers, options, easements and other documents
- Advising the business on land rights issues generally
- Working as part of a small team where you will take responsibility for your own projects and advising your key stakeholders
We are looking for:
- Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive qualified in England and Wales
- Trained with a well-regarded law firm or inhouse
- Strong commercial property law experience
- Experience with land matters and projects
- Ideally (but not essential) experience gained in the energy sector or with clients in that sector. Particularly of interest is experience with renewable energy projects but not essential
- Ability to lead negotiations and draft contracts for land transaction including leases and options
- Comfortable working independently and leading your own matters
- A clear and concise communicator
- Keen to work in a high performing supportive team where knowledge sharing and best practice is key
- Our client will consider full time or 4 days per week role
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- Discounted health cover
- Enhanced annual leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Product discounts
If you are interested in this Commercial Property Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.
Apply for Commercial Property In-House Counsel – Full or Part time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly