In-House Legal Counsel (NQ - 2PQE) - Media Multinational
An opportunity has arisen for a lawyer early in their career to join a dynamic and innovative business as part of a highly respected UK team of 12 lawyers.
Company - world leader in media, marketing and advertising
A highly successful multinational media and communications company with presence in over 140 countries. Its clients include iconic brands such as Coca Cola, Mini, Jaguar Landrover, Eurostar, Estée Lauder, P&G, Philips, Microsoft, Mastercard, Intel, National Geographic, HBO, Adidas, Footlocker and Porsche to name some. Expect fantastic culture, growth, learning and progression.
Location - Manchester, Leeds or London
The role can be based either in Manchester / Leeds / York or London (there are two legal teams - one in London and another in the North). Irrespective of location, the role offers hybrid working.
Role - In-House Lawyer, Media and Creative Industries
This will be a great opportunity for a lawyer early in their career offering excellent combination of support and development.
You will be part of the UK legal team headed by the GC for the UK and Ireland. The GC strongly promotes professional development and the value of lawyers within the company. This is a very hands-on commercial legal role where you will work closely with the business and will be able to assist with all aspects of legal work.
Core work will involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with major brands, influencers, media owners and suppliers in relation to all aspects of traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying, together with digital creative production, as well as rolling out new systems and processes for a rapidly growing business.
- become the business partner for a company acting at the cutting edge of the media, advertising and marketing with such iconic client brands as Coca Cola, Mini, Jaguar Landrover, Eurostar, Estée Lauder, P&G, Philips, Microsoft, Mastercard, Intel, National Geographic, HBO, Adidas, Footlocker and Porsche
- provide legal advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- draft, negotiate and advise on commercial agreements (media, advertising, technology, sponsorship, influencer agreements etc).
- provide legal support to commercial teams in contractual negotiations
- assist in developing and delivering legal risks training training for senior management
- provide legal support and guidance in relation to strategy and new commercial initiatives
- help to implement best practices in compliance, contracts management, intellectual property, data protection, IT, litigation and/or M&A.
There will be plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, take on responsibility and work with management and international teams as a trusted business advisor.
We are looking for a talented lawyer passionate about media, communications and technology, who is keen to further develop themselves within supportive in-house environment in a role with a lot of responsibility and autonomy.
- NQ - 2 PQE commercial lawyer
- experienced in drafting contracts and other documentation
- qualified in the UK or Ireland
- any media, communications or technology related experience would be beneficial but is not strictly required
What you will get in return
- Competitive package (base salary + bonus + benefits)
- Professional and personal development and training within a well-structured multinational organisation
- Excellent name on your CV
- Being part of working with global household names, brands and retailers
- Seeing the results of your work in everyday life (on TV, online, at events etc)
- Being part of a highly collegiate dynamic and friendly legal team, with a very supportive hiring manager
- Flexible working and excellent work-life balance
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal. Please email email@example.com or message me here on LinkedIn.
The recruitment process is fast and efficient. I have been working closely with the hiring team for several years and will be able to best position you for this exciting opportunity.
Follow Mila on LinkedIn for career opportunities in tech, media and communications.
Other in-house legal counsel jobs - UK and Europe
As a specialist recruitment agency for in-house legal roles in tech and media, we are always working on a number of exciting roles. For example, a Senior Legal Counsel opportunity is available with a similar organisation in the UK, as well as roles in Europe (France / Spain). Please reach out to discuss.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Financial Services In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Intellectual Property In-House 1-3 Years jobs in London (Greater)