MRI Software is seeking an in-house commercial solicitor to assist the global legal department based in the UK. Primary areas of focus will include:
• Client negotiations
• Data privacy and security
• Dispute resolution/litigation
• Corporate organization and compliance
Specialisms in business law topics such as technology, cloud computing, subscription licensing and regulatory compliance is preferred. Experience with charities and competencies in other languages is a bonus.
The individual will also be expected to assist with various contract issues and such other duties as assigned by the General Counsel. This position will afford the opportunity to be exposed to an acquisitive and fast-paced corporate culture from a legal perspective.
The role will involve liaising with a range of stakeholders internally and externally including partners, vendors and clients globally. The successful candidate must be confident in liaising with personnel at all levels, as well as managing competing deadlines and objectives. The ideal candidate must be extremely organised with impeccable attention to detail and time management. They should be proactive, passionate and confident. Additionally, they should have excellent intrapersonal skills with the ability to seamlessly liaise with internal departments, clients and partners.
This position will be based in one of our offices in the UK and we will also consider UK remote applications.
• Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts including software licenses, supply, outsourcing, procurement, IT and services contracts
• Advising on procurement rules including preparation of Government framework agreements
• Provision of legal guidance to senior management
• Support to the Data Privacy team Where appropriate, respond to Data Subject Access Requests and other privacy emails
• Coordinate and arrange legal department meetings, prepare agendas and take meeting minutes by ensuring time management and communication with relevant parties
• Support resource management and project coordination for the legal department
• Handle confidential matters on a regular basis requiring discretion and judgment
• Compose, process and edit Word and Excel Documents and confidential correspondence as requested
• Occasional legal research and writing assignments
• Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel
• Minimum 3 years PQE
• Knowledge of legal terminology and general office procedures
• Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications and Adobe Acrobat
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain confidential company information
• Excellent communication, writing, presentation, time management, organisational, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Desire to learn and advance in a fast-paced environment, and be capable of regularly using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements
• Must be able to work fulltime during standard business hours
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels and departments within the company and with clients
• Authorised to work within the UK
If you want to work in a collaborative and exciting work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply.
Joining MRI Software means teaming up with the world’s most innovative and comprehensive provider of real estate technology with over 50 years in the space. It means being welcomed into a family of industry professionals who are united in giving organisations the freedom to transform the way communities live, work and play. The only way to carry out that mission is to hire the absolute best employees on earth. People like you! Be a part of a progressive workplace environment where you can learn from the best and where your personal journey is taken seriously. Work alongside an established and leading proposition which continues to redefine the proptech world. Join a business where all 2,000+ of our immensely talented employees are listened to and make a real difference.
And we know how to reward outstanding performance, recognise effort, and celebrate our wins in style. Enjoy unrivalled benefits such as our flexi any day scheme, employer contributed pensions, private medical insurance, eligibility for an annual performance bonus, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Amazing growth takes amazing employees. Are you up to the challenge?
About MRI Software:
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.