In-House Legal Counsel • Major Tech Company • UK / Spain / South of France (relocation)
In House Legal Counsel
Multinational Technology Company
UK / Spain / South of France (options to relocate)
Is working in Europe now impossible thanks to Brexit?
Not if you join the right employer.
This technology company is looking for a talented commercial lawyer based either from their UK or European offices (or working remotely). Here you’ll accelerate your career whilst enjoying the perks of living and working in some of the most desirable parts of Europe – enjoying all the tapas and sangria, or wine and cheese as you can stomach.
Whether you’d enjoy the buzz of a continental city like Madrid, or the tranquillity of Nice, the choice is yours. To make this all viable – you’ll be granted freedom of movement.
You’ll provide commercially practical legal advice to business units across the UK and Europe including:
- providing support to sales teams across the UK and Europe by providing commercially practical legal advice, while containing legal risks
- drafting and negotiating complex and large technology agreements, balancing between commercial and legal stakes, as well as identifying and clearly communicating any legal risks.
- gaining daily exposure to customers (major international organisations) and senior management
- working closely with the company's legal teams around the world.
- working on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, through to final negotiation, escalation to senior leadership and dealing with any post signature issues, claims and litigation
- supporting product and commercial organisations on emerging technologies (AI, Blockchain, Biometrics), advising on legal risks and supporting the preparation of appropriate template documentation
- mentoring junior lawyers
- sharing legal knowledge and experience to the wider legal team.
You’ll have opportunities to learn alongside other highly-proficient technology lawyers in this multicultural and collaborative environment.
Your value and potential as a legal counsel will grow considerably from the varied exposure you’ll gain from this role.
You’ll need 4+ years of experience drafting and negotiating IT agreements under English law, either in private practice or in-house. If you’ve worked in a technology environment before, that’s even better.
What else is on offer?
Competitive European salary allowing for a great lifestyle.
You’ll also get 30 days’ annual leave, and if you’re in Spain, an additional 14 bank holidays (effectively, every third week is a 4-day week!). You’ll have plenty of time to explore Europe on the work visa the employer will arrange, minimising stress and limitation on any European travel from the UK.
You’ll have the option to work remotely from your new home, and can work from any other location globally for 4 weeks of the year.
And your horizons don’t end with this move.
Plenty of team members have gone on to travel further, taking up roles in Thailand, Singapore and Dubai, amongst other exotic locations.
As a UK qualified lawyer working for this international company you will grow your career by getting access to regular internal promotions and opportunities throughout the team.
As a successful commercial lawyer, you’ll have many choices in terms of where your career could go next. But if you’re in it for the lifestyle and growth, this is the one.
If you are not quite ready for a move to Europe just now, you can join the company in the UK and decide later if you'd like to stay or explore other destinations.
Apply with your CV below or ping Mila Read on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
Apply for In-House Legal Counsel • Major Tech Company • UK / Spain / South of France (relocation)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly