Senior Derivatives Associate / Counsel - Hong Kong
Our clients derivatives team in Hong Kong covers the full spectrum in the derivatives area, encompassing all classes of over-the-counter derivatives, repos, securities lending, repackaging, credit-linked notes and structured products.
The firm is now looking to make a significant investment in a high calibre senior associate / counsel who would similarly look to make a long term commitment to the ongoing development of their practice in Hong Kong. With a proven track record in developing their lawyers, this vacancy represents an outstanding opportunity for a team-player with strong technical skills and an impressive commercial approach to thrive and ultimately benefit from enhanced career development opportunities.
Essential skills and experience required to be considered for this role include:
- Legal qualification in Hong Kong and/or England and Wales;
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in derivatives gained within a reputable international law firm;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English; fluency in Chinese is desirable but not a must;
- Superior drafting and transaction management abilities;
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively;
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills;
- An enthusiastic team player who can provide leadership and mentoring to juniors whilst also working independently when required.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service, and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
The successful applicant will be joining a high profile international law firm with considerable presence in Asia and growing reputation for offering sophisticated transactional advice across a wide range of industry sectors. Further, you will receive an attractive financial package while becoming part of a very supportive, collegiate group.
For more information on what is a compelling opportunity, please send your CV and supporting information on confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this website.
---------James O'Brien has been recruiting in the legal sector for over 20yrs. Possessing significant relationships across multiple jurisdictions, he offers candidates a hands on, consultative approach, working closely with individuals to achieve their career objectives. Feel free to contact him by email in the first instance to arrange a confidential discussion.