Legal Counsel, growing renewables organisation. Salary competitive and flexible
This client is a leading solar energy company, working across Europe to support the transition to a net-zero future, for this and every generation. Active throughout the project lifecycle, from development through to construction and operations. They cover both utility-scale and on-site generation projects, as well as integrated energy storage solutions. They are extremely dedicated to delivering high-quality, high-performing assets, and providing our corporate and industrial clients with the solutions to accelerate their pathway to a net-zero future.
Your key focus within this role will be to support the General Counsel with the management of legal issues and risks. You will have substantial interaction with Cero colleagues and will be involved in managing external legal providers. Your areas of work will be extremely varied and may include supporting project development, construction and operations; project financing and sponsor funding; acquisitions and divestments; corporate governance; and regulatory compliance across multiple European jurisdictions. The business itself has moved from 35 to 70 people in the last year, so this is a very fast paced and progressive environment. You will need to be able to think on your feet and be ambitious to be within a growing organisation.
Main accountabilities include;
- Supporting the General Counsel on a wide range of legal issues
- Assisting with the appointment and management of external counsel
- Collaborating closely with deal teams to assist with structuring and negotiating projects (including financing arrangements) and transactions
- Reviewing, negotiating and advising on general legal documentation/ on typical project contracts used in the power sector within the renewables space/ drafting commercial terms into legal documents
- Providing legal and compliance training to non-legal staff
- Managing, developing and implementing improvements to compliance policies
They are looking for a solicitor (qualified in England or the Commonwealth) who is passionate about what they do and will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role, with 3-6 years' PQE (guideline only), ideally in the energy/projects department of an international law firm or in-house in a renewable energy company, although there is definitely flexibility outside of this. You will also be well remunerated within a very competitive salary for the sector.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.