Funds Associate to Managing Associate - Singapore
A compelling opportunity has arisen for ambitious funds lawyers to join a renowned international law firm in Singapore, taking a front seat in the development of their nascent funds practice. Working in tandem with the head of group and senior colleagues across the firms international network, the successful applicants will be engaged on a wide range of matters, to include:
- advising sponsors in Asia on the establishment of private investment funds across various asset classes and jurisdictions, with a particular focus on private equity, venture capital, real estate, infrastructure, hedge and special situations funds.
- advising on various non-traditional private investment fund setups such as platform structures, hybrid funds, club deals and open-ended illiquid funds.
- advising institutional and non-institutional LPs from Asia, Europe and the US, including sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, pension funds, corporations, family offices and fund of funds on their set up of private funds.
- advising on the licensing and ongoing regulatory requirements of operating a fund management business in Singapore, as well as assisting with the submission of fund management licence applications to the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Advising family offices on a myriad of regulatory and structuring issues, including the establishment of single- and multi-family offices, and their investments into third-party managed funds.
To be considered, it is expected that the ideal applicants will have developed their experience to date within a top tier international law firm and have developed experience in some/all the following:
- Establishing private investment funds in a variety of jurisdictions and legal forms, including the Cayman Islands, Singapore, Luxembourg, Delaware and Mauritius
- The Singapore regulatory framework relating to the operation of a fund management business, including licensing (and exemption) requirements under the Securities and Futures Act (the “SFA”), and prospectus disclosure exemptions under the SFA
- US law requirements relating to the offering of fund interests to US investors, including a working knowledge of the US tax considerations for fund structuring, Investment Advisers Act registration and exemption statuses, ERISA exemptions and the Commodities Trading Act licences and exemptions for commodity pool operators and commodity trading advisers
- AIFMD requirements relating to the marketing of funds in EU member states
- Establishment of both open-ended and closed-end private investment funds
- Negotiations of fund documentation (whether as GP counsel or LP counsel)
As an Associate or Managing Associate in this team, you’ll be deeply engaged in the business, from running matters independently where appropriate and leading on complex legal issues through to nurturing client relationships, managing junior team members and driving financial profitability. Further, It is envisaged that you will be a potential future leader of the firm and be driven by developing your own experience, profile and business case.
This opportunity will appeal greatly to those lawyers looking to take a big step forward in their career while also benefitting from an attractive financial package.
To learn more, please contact James O’Brien in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this website.
James O'Brien has been recruiting in the legal sector for over 20yrs. Possessing significant relationships across multiple jurisdictions, he offers candidates a hands on, consultative approach, working closely with individuals to achieve their career objectives. Feel free to contact him by email in the first instance to arrange a confidential discussion.