Legal Counsel – Infrastructure Projects – North East/North West, Midlands
Legal Counsel sought for well established business at the forefront of the UK infrastructure sector low carbon energy and utilities sector. Our client has European roots but a global presence.
This is a quality In-House opportunity which offers exciting work including projects across a range of low carbon energy, development and technical services
- Providing advice on a broad range of projects ensuring compliance with applicable law
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting agreements and conducting contract negotiations on development, construction, O&M, financing, joint venture and FM service agreement matters.
- Oversee risk management and compliance for the UK business
- Assisting in the governance of transactions at local and group level
- Providing advice and progressing disputes
We are looking for:
- Qualified Solicitor – 2+ PQE*
- Strong commercial contracts lifecycle experience (drafting and negotiating skills)
- Experience in energy industry/projects/ uk construction sector (desirable)
- International exposure
- In-House experience (secondment or more)
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
Our client will consider flexible working including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel.
If you are interested in this Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ted Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.